Time trials are boring

Randomguy

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

Phil is great!  I miss Paul, they were good together.

Phil is all we really know and I can’t imagine watching the tour without his voice in the background.

I grew up watching the Lakers with Chick Hearn and was really bummed when he died.  But you know what, the current play by play guy IMHO is better. Less colorful but so smooth & professional.

The tour will not be the same without Phil but it could also be better. 

• Heart 3

21 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Phil is all we really know and I can’t imagine watching the tour without his voice in the background.

I grew up watching the Lakers with Chick Hearn and was really bummed when he died.  But you know what, the current play by play guy IMHO is better. Less colorful but so smooth & professional.

The tour will not be the same without Phil but it could also be better. 

Fletch should call the Lakers games.  That would be awesome.

• Heart 1

17 hours ago, Road Runner said:

What happened to Paul?  :(

Edit:  Never mind.  I just googled him.  Died at 62 from heart failure.  That sucks.  :( 

I guess being in great physical condition is snot the be all and end all of a long life. James Fixx also comes to mind. 

1 hour ago, Philander Seabury said:

I guess being in great physical condition is snot the be all and end all of a long life. James Fixx also comes to mind. 

Lenny Bias too.  He was treated and released from the hospital I worked at.  It was a mess.  The cardiologist that treated him received many death threats.

I suspect there are lots of people like this.  Many of them are physical anomalies anyhow, and likely have some defects along with what makes them great.

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

Lenny Bias too.  He was treated and released from the hospital I worked at.  It was a mess.  The cardiologist that treated him received many death threats.

I suspect there are lots of people like this.  Many of them are physical anomalies anyhow, and likely have some defects along with what makes them great.

I thought I had heard he was the poster child for the “sudden death” heart defect, but all the stories say cocaine.