In celebration of Canada Day

petitepedal

My Canada Day today!..was bright brilliant blue sky, not much wind. In celebration..just before Calgary Stampede.  The curved building far in distance above sign, Saddledome.  Kinda aging and one day to be torn down.

Last photo gallery art was put up by the city....this cylindrical foot-bike bridge does get damaged occasionally.  It is a reminder-warning...  I thought it was clever, arresting signage that didn't take much effort nor cost by city, but to educate many locals this holiday.

I am grateful to be here in my country. Always. My perspective is profoundly affected because I know what my family could have been if they stayed in China...they wouldn't have had the opportunities like my generation and younger generations onward. We became stronger and more flexible as individuals ....at least my extended family here, not elsewhere in the world.

Cycled 46km. Did grocery shopping, ate dim sum. Then later coffee and strawberry raspberry cake bread. The park pathway photo is on the northern edge of the city..approx. 8 km. from airport.

canadayahoo.JPG

nosecreek park near harvesthills.JPG

2022vandalism art.JPG

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

45 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

My Canada Day today!..was bright brilliant blue sky, not much wind. In celebration..just before Calgary Stampede.  The curved building far in distance above sign, Saddledome.  Kinda aging and one day to be torn down.

Last photo gallery art was put up by the city....this cylindrical foot-bike bridge does get damaged occasionally.  It is a reminder-warning...  I thought it was clever, arresting signage that didn't take much effort nor cost by city, but to educate many locals this holiday.

I am grateful to be here in my country. Always. My perspective is profoundly affected because I know what my family could have been if they stayed in China...they wouldn't have had the opportunities like my generation and younger generations onward. We became stronger and more flexible as individuals ....at least my extended family here, not elsewhere in the world.

Cycled 46km. Did grocery shopping, ate dim sum. Then later coffee and strawberry raspberry cake bread. The park pathway photo is on the northern edge of the city..approx. 8 km. from airport.

canadayahoo.JPG

nosecreek park near harvesthills.JPG

2022vandalism art.JPG

It will be a sad day when the Saddledome comes down.  It has been the main feature of the Calgary skyline a very long time. 

14 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

It will be a sad day when the Saddledome comes down.  It has been the main feature of the Calgary skyline a very long time. 

I've never been inside the Saddledome...ok being local for last few years. :whistle:  Dearie said some of the posts and roof design made some seats awkward for viewing. I like the architectural design because it fits Calgary's /Alberta's horsey/ranching history/culture.

Just so some folks know what we're talking about:

And horse culture/appreciation in our area. It's much more overt than other Canadian regions:  Prairie’s Declaration of Horse Love in Art – Cycle Write Blog (wordpress.com)

Extreme Sports Biking

27 minutes ago, Gump said:

Sad but true. At least we can keep each other company.🙁

I don't see it that way.

Would I want to live in China for years?  

No, absolutely not. My family would have never been part of the wealthy elite or semi-wealthy there. All of them were hardworking peasant villagers...that eventually immigrated to Canada and U.S. It's more logical / appropriate I use this type of "what if" scenario, given my family background: ..it is a conscious fluke that each parent immigrated without barely knowing much about Canada.  I will affirm my family and relatives in Canada are financially more stable/better off than relatives U.S. For sure.

1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

Tell me if I'm wrong but that looks like a petite  Canada pin.

#seewhatididthere

It is a petite pin

The guys from Winnipeg brought several down for one of the 3 speed tours..around Lake Pepin..they had never heard of Little Canada..let aloneet someone from there..so I got one of the pins :D

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

31 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

It is a petite pin

The guys from Winnipeg brought several down for one of the 3 speed tours..around Lake Pepin..they had never heard of Little Canada..let aloneet someone from there..so I got one of the pins :D

I found it rather interesting, the name of your area. What is the origin story of that?

This perhaps shows how I do feel about being CAnadian:  A Candle for Canada’s 150th Birthday – Cycle Write Blog (wordpress.com)

Below a mural in VAncouver's old Chinatown.... allusion to some historic links between First Nations people and Chinese in area.

aboriginalchinatownmural-2015.jpg?w=1000

43 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

I found it rather interesting, the name of your area. What is the origin story of that?

This perhaps shows how I do feel about being CAnadian:  A Candle for Canada’s 150th Birthday – Cycle Write Blog (wordpress.com)

Below a mural in VAncouver's old Chinatown.... allusion to some historic links between First Nations people and Chinese in area.

aboriginalchinatownmural-2015.jpg?w=1000

http://www.littlecanadamn.org/284/Little-Canadas-History