Mind numbing…:

ChrisL

My boss has me watching 72 hours of video to confirm nothing happened.  Dude I interviewed both reception & my team and it didn’t happen.  Still, confirm by video review…. JFC… 

What also sucks as we have monitors playing company video in the lobby so my cameras pick that up.   There is never any dead time that it skips over.  

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

3 hours ago, ChrisL said:

I’m looking for incident that didn’t happen.  Basically confirming someone is lying.  

If there was an 'indecent' and some is claiming it happened, wouldn't there be an 'approximate' date and time of the intendent?  So you don't need to watch 3 days of video? 

• Awesome 1

19 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

If there was an 'indecent' and some is claiming it happened, wouldn't there be an 'approximate' date and time of the intendent?  So you don't need to watch 3 days of video? 

I was only viewing day/working hours.  The time & date was fuzzy, earlier this week so I checked Mon - Wed.  I didn’t find what they claimed happened as it didn’t happen…

What really chapped my ass is my team and reception had no knowledge of the claimed incident and they were in the lobby the whole time.  But I had to check video as well…

I feel your pain! We’ve had to look for a stolen folding chair that looked like every other folding chair issued. Oh and the vendor claiming his chair was stolen left a light on at his booth that made the night vision on the cameras useless!

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, groupw said:

I feel your pain! We’ve had to look for a stolen folding chair that looked like every other folding chair issued. Oh and the vendor claiming his chair was stolen left a light on at his booth that made the night vision on the cameras useless!

When stuff gets stolen we do give it a good try as it does piss me off when sheot gets stolen.  I have been able to track down a lot of thievery but it’s long tedious work and I often have to tie in multiple cameras.  

The grossest was a very attractive woman was saying that her lunch keeps getting tampered with in the break room fridge.  Well I could only get the left side of the fridge on camera so had her put her lunch in a very specific area.  Yeah some scum bag was removing her lunch and spitting in her food and putting boogers in it.  I had her do it over a couple of days (also told her do not eat her lunch!) and it was the same douche bag each day so I took the video to HR and we whacked the guy.  

• Thank You 1
  • Sad 3

27 minutes ago, Mr. Beanz said:

Don't you get paid for doing your job? If so, I don't see a problem. 😉

As we used to say back in the day, you don’t have to like it but you still have to do it.  It’s done but just a giant waste of time.  Whatever, I confirmed via video what we already knew to be true. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Beanz said:

Don't you get paid for doing your job? If so, I don't see a problem. 😉

I worked a potato harvester for a summer. Filthy and mundane. You could peel the dirt off at the end of the shift!. I would rather work that than study video!

• Hugs 1

10 hours ago, ChrisL said:

When stuff gets stolen we do give it a good try as it does piss me off when sheot gets stolen.  I have been able to track down a lot of thievery but it’s long tedious work and I often have to tie in multiple cameras.  

The grossest was a very attractive woman was saying that her lunch keeps getting tampered with in the break room fridge.  Well I could only get the left side of the fridge on camera so had her put her lunch in a very specific area.  Yeah some scum bag was removing her lunch and spitting in her food and putting boogers in it.  I had her do it over a couple of days (also told her do not eat her lunch!) and it was the same douche bag each day so I took the video to HR and we whacked the guy.  

I hope the body doesn't surface.