The Fourth of July plans

Dottleshead

We are planning to attend Blaine’s 4th of July waterfront fireworks show in my home state. Small town on the border that puts on a heckuva show over Drayton Harbor. The Canadians will come down to watch it also . Folks from from the area just walk into town with their lawn chairs. Very well behaved and no drunks  We plan on attending a couple other parties over the weekend -- including a salmon bake.

• Heart 4

8 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Basking in the shame mentioned in another thread, drinking beer, and eating hot dogs.

I think hot dogs are one of the only things that taste better grilled outdoors, so there is that.

Wrong!  Hot dogs are crap both indoors & out.  Give me a brat with mustard & kraut.

Chilling with family and doing fireworks.  Gonna smoke a Tri tip. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

9 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Basking in the shame mentioned in another thread, drinking beer, and eating hot dogs.

I think hot dogs are one of the only things that taste better grilled outdoors, so there is that.

Didn’t you live in Chicago for a while?

Chicago has the best hotdogs 

• Heart 1

19 minutes ago, Dottles said:

We are planning to attend Blaine’s 4th of July waterfront fireworks show in my home state. Small town on the border that puts on a heckuva show over Drayton Harbor. The Canadians will come down to watch it also . Folks from from the area just walk into town with their lawn chairs. Very well behaved and no drunks  We plan on attending a couple other parties over the weekend -- including a salmon bake.

Yep, 4th in Blaine, camping in Anacortes, camping at Cultus Lake and Seafair hydroplane races were my highlights of summer.  The west coast was fun. 

6 minutes ago, Further said:

Didn’t you live in Chicago for a while?

Chicago has the best hotdogs 

Totally agree!  Chicago dogs are simply the best.  One change for me is getting rid of the sweet relish and putting a dill relish or chopped dill pickles on, but otherwise they are perfect.

I haven't been able to find anything like that out here, just not the same.  

• Heart 1

I’m on vacation this week, the plan was to go to my brother in law’s for the 4th and few days extra. He lives outside Charlotte, has a big house and a nice pool, it’s a good time, plenty of beer and good food.

But Mrs Further is hurting way too much for an 8 hour car ride and sitting around a pool all day 

So we’ll be hanging round the house, might drive over to Ohio to visit a sis in law, and maybe a drive up to Erie to poke around 

I might have a beer 🍺 

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 2

We are heading up north Sunday afternoon with some friends. Monday we will ride north along Lake Champlain, cross the bridge to VT, south through the isles and take the ferry back to NY. I have done this ride a couple times. Around 60 miles. We’ll stop at the brew pub in Tupper Lake on the way home for grub.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

On 7/1/2022 at 7:32 PM, Dottles said:

I could go on but why?

:D

Well, except for seeing Wilbur in the distance, what part of that list isn't true for all the OECD countries?  I guess Switzerland and Luxembourg require a drive to the ocean, but all the other's tick those boxes and you and your wife would love them!

We're celebrating today, Sunday, with a pool party at my brother's house.  Everybody's bringing food and drink with me bringing potato salad and cole slaw.  Wings, burgers, and hot dogs will be grilled.  My brother and SiL generally doesn't like to have a lot to clean up when they have to work the next day, so we often have Sunday pool parties on 3-day weekends.

My brother has a couple neighbors that do great fireworks each year - if they're waiting until the 4th, we'll gather again tomorrow to watch them over a couple beers.

• Heart 1