I am angry and frustrated and it is America's fault.

Wilbur

I've watched some of those restaurant rescue shows, but the restaurants are usually run so poorly or obviously have a menu that's not right for the area that I wonder if their workers/managers are so lazy/stupid that they'll go right back to being idiots as soon as the rescuer leaves.

2 hours ago, MickinMD said:

I've watched some of those restaurant rescue shows, but the restaurants are usually run so poorly or obviously have a menu that's not right for the area that I wonder if their workers/managers are so lazy/stupid that they'll go right back to being idiots as soon as the rescuer leaves.

We had a local restaurant feature on Restaurant Impossible. It closed not too long after the show. Part of the problem was that workers were family members. It might also be location as it's been opened and closed by other people about 4 times since then. It's currently closed.

https://www.realitytvrevisited.com/2015/12/restaurant-impossible-caseyville-cafe.html

16 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

We had a local restaurant feature on Restaurant Impossible. It closed not too long after the show. Part of the problem was that workers were family members. It might also be location as it's been opened and closed by other people about 4 times since then. It's currently closed.

https://www.realitytvrevisited.com/2015/12/restaurant-impossible-caseyville-cafe.html

Running a restaurant and keeping biz solvent, demands all the food/hygiene requirements daily PLUS staying on top of how budget is working out.

Dearie would go over with his son on pricing per 100 grams, the wholesalers from farms, etc.  He created all sorts of financial models via Excel this was in addition to accounting that he did.  Coincidentally, several months before he died, he oriented his son on use of them, etc. Son ran a butcher shop which they also would have private custom parties in evenings...son was already experienced in running prior restaurants as the main chef.  Dearie would tell son he would have to let go of a worker at certain times, when there wasn't the budget. It happened several times over a 7 yr. period.

I told his son he was getting free, gold-plated business consulting from father. Son was eternally grateful for his father's financial expertise. 

It's pretty obvious to me now after seeing the interactions up close,... alot of the restaurant entrepreneurs may not have time/energy nor expertise with the financial side.

3 hours ago, MickinMD said:

Do you believe reality shows?

It's all about the ratings. 

• Heart 1