Small town July 4

petitepedal

So..I live in a first tier suburb now...but I grew up in a small town..July 4..we h a parade at 9am on the 4th followed by various games/races that started on one end of the "main street" and worked its way to the other..then about 3pm the band did a concert 10 pm fireworks..

All of that changed over the years..but that was basic..

They added a parade on the 3rd..bigger more prizes..

Oh the city dance..

And the vehicle that went through town announcing it all..on a tacky sound system all day long...

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

One day on GOBA we had a morning rest stop in a small town at their general store. The only store of any kind in the town. I expected Ike Godsey to wait on me. I laughed when I rode into town and saw the street sign. The store was on Main Street. I don’t think there were any other streets. They could have done a brisk business if they sold coffee and donuts. The only stuff they had was things with a long shelf life like Hostess. They probably did ok selling Gatorade and stuff but missed an opportunity to make a killing selling donuts and coffee. Some coffee guy followed us from town to town and sold coffee in the morning a small foam cup for $3.00. He must have thought he was Starbucks.

• Heart 1