On the front row

BR46

11 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Sounds fun. 

I wish I was there. 

At this show/race they don't have a class for me. Maybe next year when I get my new race bike done. 

• Heart 1

Talk about living the dream. My son use to watch these guys race when he was a kid and now he's sitting on the front row with them. Former pro racers Tripp Nobles and Scott Russell 5 time Daytona 200 winer, AMA champion and World Superbike champion 

Screenshot_20220708-123427_Chrome.jpg.e34874a8145c2289483104745a1649bf.jpg

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

On 7/2/2022 at 12:47 PM, BR46 said:

My son is at a event at the Barber motorsports park today and he's on the front row next to Mr. Daytona....and ex pro race Tripp who we've been friends with for years. 

IMG954072.thumb.jpg.d1d7ebfbef4f6d4f19548e6559517ac3.jpg

What does a time vs no time mean?  It would seem to show he qualified with a time between 1:46 and 1:50, but they don't list it?

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

What does a time vs no time mean?  It would seem to show he qualified with a time between 1:46 and 1:50, but they don't list it?

When you are Scott Russell you automatically get put on the front row without qualifying. It was more of a show than a race. 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Same with Rodney and Doug?

Just without the wins and the championships as Scott Russell....that's why they are not on the front row. 

My son has 2 back to back national championships and has enuff points for the 3rd championship.

• Heart 1

28 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Who won?

I'm not sure but I think my son was 4th. 

Even though these guys are no longer pro racers they didn't forget on how to go fast. 

Sometimes when we are sitting around after a day of racing having a beer with people who raced motorcycles a world level and I'm just a dufuss from Sheboygan falls. 

• Heart 1