LWIB

team scooter

21 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Speaking of which. I saw one of these three wheel motorcycle cars today. Two people wearing helmets. Yet, helmets are not needed in convertibles. What is the difference?image.jpeg.1f8252fcbd9bc349764e808841be27be.jpeg

The Polaris Slingshot has no airbags or crumble zones and so is considered an "autocycle". So if driven in a state that requires motorcycle helmets.... 

• Heart 2

Here's a video with it mounted on my helmet. It doesn't look as clear and crisp as before because of the additional lens on weather proof cover. I really like the sun visor in the shot before I lower the chin guard too. Maybe if I move the cam further back on the helmet it would show all the time? Just noticed there is a setting to reduce the wind noise. I'll need to fiddle with that also.

• Heart 1

34 minutes ago, team scooter said:

Here's a video with it mounted on my helmet. It doesn't look as clear and crisp as before because of the additional lens on weather proof cover. I really like the sun visor in the shot before I lower the chin guard too. Maybe if I move the cam further back on the helmet it would show all the time? Just noticed there is a setting to reduce the wind noise. I'll need to fiddle with that also.

You need to clean your drivetrain.  That is a noisy bicycle.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/2/2022 at 3:19 PM, team scooter said:

the Miata

Nice car...  

Gas is cheaper in WI compared to IL.   About 60 cents per gallon cheaper.     Now I need to plan a road trip to WI in our Prius an fill up the back with beer and the tank with cheap gas.  

image.png.3672fb12c6953694ce2999c7b7c9f295.png

• Heart 2

Heres a video of beautiful downtown New Glarus. Don't ask me why its in black and white. Still learning all the settings. :scratchhead: I had to reset it to factory specs to get the color back. If you watch closely at the very end of the video, you can see the police cruiser (off to the left) that pulled me over to see what I was up to. I guess a shiny red sports car pulling safely over to the curb to make adjustments to his camera (instead of doing it while driving) is about as exciting as it gets at 7:30 am in New Glarus. ;) 

• Heart 2

52 minutes ago, team scooter said:

L, you should see all the out of state plates backed right up to New Glarus Brewery's door, loading up with beer. :unsure:

Been there done that...   I get mixed cases of beer.  We taste a lot of the beers too.  :party:

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, team scooter said:

Heres a video of beautiful downtown New Glarus.

The thing I noticed...  the car is moving (up and down over bumps in the road etc...) but the video is not moving up and down.  The camera must have a great stabilization system. 

• Heart 1

46 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

The thing I noticed...  the car is moving (up and down over bumps in the road etc...) but the video is not moving up and down.  The camera must have a great stabilization system. 

Yeah, I'm still figuring out how it works. In the first Miata/Dodgeville video, the stabilizer was off. On the black and white NG video, it was turned on and seemed to "jerk" while I was going around corners. I really like it mounted over the windshield. I can reach up to adjust it and see the screen. But due to aerodynamics, the wind travels perfectly over the car and hits the cam head on. Along with the bugs and wind noise. Seriously, I need to stop every few miles to clean bugs off the lens. :angry:

new cam.jpg

cam 2.jpg