Levi 501

Mr. Beanz

Bejeebus! $79 🥴

Gina has been wanting a pair lately. Hasn't had a pair for years. Went to JC Penny where she saw them this morning.  Told her I'd buy her a pair if she liked. 

Tried them on not liking how they fit. Whew thank goodness. 

I  remember when they were like $12.😄

28 minutes ago, Mr. Beanz said:

Bejeebus! $79 🥴

Gina has been wanting a pair lately. Hasn't had a pair for years. Went to JC Penny where she saw them this morning.  Told her I'd buy her a pair if she liked. 

I bought a pair of 505’s at Penney’s at 30% off. Roughly $50. Yes it’s pricey, but I like that I can get a 29” inseam. Costco has nice jeans for $20 but I am too damn short for their 30” inseams. I tried the 501’s but do not like the button fly. When you gotta go, I prefer a quicker zipper. Know what I mean?

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

I bought a pair of 505’s at Penney’s at 30% off. Roughly $50. Yes it’s pricey, but I like that I can get a 29” inseam. Costco has nice jeans for $20 but I am too damn short for their 30” inseams. I tried the 501’s but do not like the button fly. When you gotta go, I prefer a quicker zipper. Know what I mean?

Clearly not a 501 guy… You unbutton the top button, grab both sides of the pants and pull. You can pop the buttons with a quick yank much faster than pulling down the zipper.  Buttoning them back up does take longer. 

I haven’t bought a pair of 501’s since the 90’s.  I also have some Costco jeans that were like $18 and super comfy.  

• Heart 1

26 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

Gina is a 27 inseam but wanted the. Men's 501.  They were 29 inseam in and just a tad too long.   🤣

Ended up getting a couple pair women's Levi's at Kohls for 40 bucks. 

• Heart 1

I don’t think I’ve worn jeans since early April. I just don’t care for the way Levi’s fit. Lately I have been buying mine from Target. They have the stretch fit jeans. I can wear them all day and not feel like I need to rip them off when I get home!

• Heart 1

29 minutes ago, groupw said:

I don’t think I’ve worn jeans since early April. I just don’t care for the way Levi’s fit. Lately I have been buying mine from Target. They have the stretch fit jeans. I can wear them all day and not feel like I need to rip them off when I get home!

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t remember the number of my Levi’s I think it is 507. I get them in a 35” waist. 36” falls down even with a belt. The last three pair I bought were $69 each. They last a long time. I’m still wearing 34s that I stashed away when they got too tight. I never thought I’d be wearing them again. I would guess by the end of the year I’ll be back in the 35s.

• Heart 4

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

Clearly not a 501 guy… You unbutton the top button, grab both sides of the pants and pull. You can pop the buttons with a quick yank much faster than pulling down the zipper.  Buttoning them back up does take longer. 

I haven’t bought a pair of 501’s since the 90’s.  I also have some Costco jeans that were like $18 and super comfy.  

Your comments are true, but I wear a belt. I have to unbuckle said belt before reaching the top button and pulling the lower buttons apart to get my dick out to pee. When I’m done, I have to reverse said process, button by button, tuck in my shirt, buckle my belt. Wash my hands and go back to work. So yes, you’re correct, I’m not a 501 jeans guy. 

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

2 hours ago, Old No. 7 said:

I tried the 501’s but do not like the button fly. When you gotta go, I prefer a quicker zipper. Know what I mean?

Several years ago I ordered Levi's jeans online.  It is much easier to find 36 inseam online.  You almost can't find that length in any store.

When they arrived...  OMG buttons... no zipper.   Opps.. my bad.   I still use them   On the positive side... there is no zipper to break. (that's happened  a few times over the years)   

Then again...  yes I know what you mean.  

3 hours ago, Mr. Beanz said:

Went to JC Penny

I'd have to drive at least 50 miles (maybe more) to go to a JCP.    They all closed in my area a while ago.

• Heart 1

I prefer Lee, the brand that fits. I always hated Levis because they just do not fit me, always too tight in the thighs and butt. It is a constant battle to find the shortest jeans possible. I would love 27 but 28 is the shortest I have found. I am very oversquare. :D

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

6 hours ago, Mr. Beanz said:

Bejeebus! $79 🥴

Levi’s are for Cowboys and Cowboy wannabes with skinny legs. 

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

I prefer Lee, the brand that fits. I always hated Levis because they just do not fit me, always too tight in the thighs and butt. It is a constant battle to find the shortest jeans possible. I would love 27 but 28 is the shortest I have found. I am very oversquare. :D

Same. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1