My brother

Further

My neighbor got pinned under his John Deere when it fell in the pond 12’ deep. His wife was at work. If he hadn’t managed to get it off and swim to the surface they would still be looking for him. He collects John Deere mowers and has seven of them in his garage. His wife would not notice one missing.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

My neighbor got pinned under his John Deere when it fell in the pond 12’ deep. His wife was at work. If he hadn’t managed to get it off and swim to the surface they would still be looking for him. He collects John Deere mowers and has seven of them in his garage. His wife would not notice one missing.

Yeah, dangerous as hell, but he spent a life time doing risky stuff and is not likely to stop 

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

2 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

This was a good thread to add some variety to the forum. :D

I would think it would tend to ruin a mower to submerge it so this is sort of a good man bites dog story to me. :)

It certainly doesn't do a tractor any good to be submerged, but if it is attended to without delay it can be saved.

• Heart 1

13 hours ago, Airehead said:

Maybe a piece of fence is needed?

It is a very nice pond, about 1/2 an acre in size, with a shallow end and a deep end. It is stocked with bass and bluegill, and has a diving board.

It probably should have a fence, there are quite a few little kids running around, but it is far enough from the house to be out of range for toddlers.

I don't think a fence would stop my brother, he's pretty headstrong 

• Heart 1