I have 5 outdoor grills/smoker

a bunch of numbers

10 minutes ago, Rick5234 said:

My kids got me a pit boss pellet smoker for fathers day, and while I was putting it together, (which was no easy task for one old person) I realized that I have 5 grills.  I have a Weber Genesis II gas grill, a Bradley smoker, a Weber kettle, the Pit Boss smoker, and a Lodge Sportsman Grill (worthless grill).  n+1 ??

N+funny

Me it's for books, though alot less in past decade.  I'm sure each of us outside of bikes, have another N+xx passion.

• Heart 1

I'm jealous.  I had a nice gas grill that I traded a computer hard drive to my BiL for around 2005 that was stolen from the yard after my 2020 fire.  We listed it as destroyed in the fire - maybe it was.

I don't grill often, but I'll be getting one this summer: the smoke from the mesquite, etc. wood chips adds a lot to grilling.

There are some dual gas/charcoal grills - each a half of the grill, with a side-burner for sauces, beans, etc. for under $300 but I think I'm going all-propane.

• Heart 2

Ending up with 5 was more an accident than a goal.  I've had a gas grill forever, I had a ducane for probably 20+ years, and just replaced it with the Genesis about 5 years ago.  The Bradley smoker I bought when I started making kielbasa, that was about 15 years ago.  I bought the Lodge because I wanted a charcoal grill and I had just worn out a Weber Smokey Joe.  I should have just got another Smokey Joe.  The Weber kettle I got in NC.  My son had just bought a house and the previous owner left it behind.  It was almost new and my son didn't want it, so...  And I don't know what compelled them to by me the Pit Boss last month, but I'm not complaining.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Rick5234 said:

I have a Weber Genesis II gas grill, a Bradley smoker, a Weber kettle, the Pit Boss smoker, and a Lodge Sportsman Grill (worthless grill).

Yes, but are any of them 'smart' grills with wireless that you can light them up through an app on your smart phone and set the time and temperature from a calendar event that you programmed in four months ago so you would only have to tweak the final settings from your phone while you're traveling in Europe?

If not, then you need to buy another grill that can do that so you can get a solution to a problem you don't have.

;)

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

Yes, but are any of them 'smart' grills with wireless that you can light them up through an app on your smart phone and set the time and temperature from a calendar event that you programmed in four months ago so you would only have to tweak the final settings from your phone while you're traveling in Europe?

If not, then you need to buy another grill that can do that so you can get a solution to a problem you don't have.

;)

oo yeah, great idea!  :wacko:

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

My 39 year old, rusting 18” Shopko/Weber kettle did not make the move to AZ. Replaced it with a new 22” Weber kettle when we moved. I have a little Smoky Joe as well, Masterbuilt electric smoker and pellet pizza oven. Also a propane turkey deep fryer. I’ll probably get a shorter pan to put on the burner for smaller deep fry job and boils. 

• Heart 4

1 hour ago, groupw said:

My 39 year old, rusting 18” Shopko/Weber kettle did not make the move to AZ. Replaced it with a new 22” Weber kettle when wew moved. I have a little Smoky Joe as well, Masterbuilt electric smoker and pellet pizza oven. Also a propane turkey deep fryer. I’ll probably get a shorter pan to put on the burner for smaller deep fry job and boils. 

SHOPKO!!!! :cheerleader:

Hmm, that might be where I got my little charcoal grill...🤔

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, groupw said:

My 39 year old, rusting 18” Shopko/Weber kettle did not make the move to AZ. Replaced it with a new 22” Weber kettle when wew moved. I have a little Smoky Joe as well, Masterbuilt electric smoker and pellet pizza oven. Also a propane turkey deep fryer. I’ll probably get a shorter pan to put on the burner for smaller deep fry job and boils. 

SHOPKO!!!! :cheerleader:

Hmm, that might be where I got my little charcoal grill...🤔

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I got a ceramic egg a few Father’s Days ago. Very versatile. My older grills had rusted out.

So THAT'S the deal with the Egg! Ceramic, you say? I was wondering why it seemed like everyone is making a big deal about it.

• Heart 1

My old (at least 20 years, or more) Weber kettle grill has been retired.  It is now in my basement where it can live an easy life.  It may get used again...    

The grill I use now is a propane grill island that matches the patio table and chairs we have.   WoBG won that battle...  I just wanted a Weber Genesis 2 grill, which was a lot cheaper, but that didn't 'match' our table. 

I used it today... and now the propane tank is empty.   There was just enough propane to cook everything. 

I'm too lazy too go and take a picture...   It kind of looks like this.

image.png.49277f09cdbfb64c70c1110cf125562f.png

• Heart 4

12 yo Weber 3 burner, side burner, rotisserie, stainless steel in natural gas. I replaced the side and bottom panels for the price of a cheap azz grill. 

I had the opportunity to get slightly used BGE with a big Cypress table and a few accessories. I could’ve sold the table to defray the cost some more. It just happened at a poor financial time.