Swim Trunks with the string knot on the inside

MickinMD

Is it my faulty memory, or did men's swim trunks that have a drawstring running around the trunks to tighten them used to have their knots on the inside of the trunks instead of the outside?

Now they're almost all on the outside.  In the past, I've always had swim trunks where the drawstring is tied inside in the front of the trunks, like these relatively expensive, $49 at Amazon, Speedos:

image.png.c6821bf45891a4d66bda5f58b68deec2.png

After I lost a couple such pairs in my house fire, I bought one pair of swim trunks in 2020 and apparently I couldn't find a pair with knot where I wanted it.  They have the knot on the outside of the trunks as in the Amazon examples below - and in all the 50 or so examples of trunks before them on the "men's swim trunks" search page.

To me, being on the outside makes it something that can snag when you're swimming under obstacles or ropes with floats or when pulling yourself up from the water along the side of a pool or pier, tending to come untied when diving into the water, etc.

This morning, I washed some clothes, including my outside-knot swim trunks and thought I'd look online for another pair good-looking swim trunks, but virtually every pair also has the knot on the outside.  The ones with designs like these all seem to have outside knots

image.png.ad0b309a1adcc8e29fbe1e216cc9157d.pngimage.png.51ac39ea4285003f767f11fa04e2e20f.png

image.thumb.png.0b7721dfdbb0689b79177ab539dbb2ac.png

I met Gina at a swimming pool last. I've always used the drawstring inside.  I would use the string to tie up certain body parts as it was a real eye catcher at the pool. Hey, I caught Gina's eye and been together ever since  36 years. 

Yup, prefer the inside string. 😄

1 hour ago, MickinMD said:

To me, being on the outside makes it something that can snag when you're swimming under obstacles or ropes with floats or when pulling yourself up from the water along the side of a pool or pier, tending to come untied when diving into the water, etc.

This annoys me too, so I just wear the swim trunks inside out.

;)

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

I just bought these. No string. Hike, bike, jump in a lake.

Designed to wear in and out of the water, these streamlined four-way-stretch walk shorts are for the surfer who likes to go anywhere and do anything without having to towel change. Complete with side pockets and two rear pockets with drainage and a key loop, they’re made to feel like the shorts you’ve been wearing your whole life but perform like boardshorts. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.

86475_BSNG.jpg?sw=350&sh=350&sfrm=png&q=95&bgcolor=f5f5f5

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1