The Conservative Skirt and Modest Blouse Appreciation Thread

AirwickWithCheese

5 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Even though @AirwickWithCheese doesn't visit us anymore.

Related image

Not bad, and I appreciate the effort. I say no to the skirt and the blouse though.   :)

Hem should be 1 1/4 inch shorter and the blouse not quite so form fitting. :nodhead:

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

I will never leave you Sis. Wheels ran over a baby bunny rabbit and is trying to deflect from his sins. 

:)  I feel for SqWheels….because it would be shocking, gross to see a half chopped up baby bunny.

Everyone:

In Tokyo and Kyoto, the local Japanese women don't wear revealing tops..they keep the upper part of body covered up, either business wear or just bumming around/casual. This was both young and older women. One does NOT see halter tops, camisoles among local Japanese women.  I don't think it's a puritanical thing because historically Japan has quite a history of erotic art and writing, if one knows  some stuff.  I just think it's still a cultural thing to "keep face" and look modest/presentable in public.  

I didn't quite expect this type of modesty in general, for Japan's big cities.  After all, they have great contemporary fashion designers. 

Yes, I did stand out as an Asian wearing shorts and skort.  The Japanese fad of dressing up in costume or maid/school girl skirt crap (some Japanese men think it's sexy) ..is for fun and only a narrow segment of the population does that when they hang out in a specific area of Tokyo.  That's not the norm in attire, at all for most Japanese.  

Yes, I would recommend not wearing a camisole nor halter top nor showing cleavage or crop top in Japan as a tourist.  For me, it's a non-issue,  I don't wear any of this at all. It's not my style anyway.  I forgot my tank tops in Canada...which the neckline is high anyway, right up to my collarbone.  One advantage: it definitely has preserved my skin on my upper body....which many Japanese women are mindful of their skin all over..in nearly obsessive way for some.

• Heart 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:39 PM, Wilbur said:

They all have good legs....this is risque for many women after 35-40 yrs. today. I've noticed a lot of women in that age bracket and older,  will not wear skirts that short now on the job.

However I do wear most of my skirts at that length on the job. I figure, being short, I have leg length that no one really notices / nor cares at all.  

I've always thought that non-sexual stuff in the workplace was good for my concentration.  Otherwise, some of the very sexiest pictures are those that don't show everything and leave a little to the imagination.  I've always thought this 2011 Sports Illustrated pic of Kate Upton was her sexiest and more so than those where she's showing a lot more or in a vulgar pose:

65.thumb.jpg.e7f0b6229cbd0a3cffa9a2ef9977a4e4.jpg

• Heart 1
  • Whatever 1
  • Awesome 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Dottles said:

She was really GREAT in that movie. Her character was pure evil and she had me believing.

That's true..   but I still can't imagine how that would feel.  I don't want to know... 

Speaking of skirts...   We had an engineering class back in college.  We were given an assignment was to write a paper (or report, etc..) about a topic in the class.  For those who don't know..  writing papers and being an engineering student is almost mutuality exclusive.  Of course someone asked how long does this report need to be.   I'm sure we all expected 500 words. etc..   

The professor paused and told the class; "The report needs to be like a woman's dress, long enough to cover the essentials, short enough to be interesting."    That's probably the ONLY thing I still remember from that class.  

• Haha 3