The story of the wedding

ChrisL

9 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

One of my nephews got married yesterday and the invite said cocktail attire. This made me feel happy as I haven’t dressed nicely in years. The day before the wedding I went through my suit bags and my favorite blue suit was waaay too small!?!?!!  This made me feel perplexed?  I still had other clothes so picked out a nice outfit and this made me feel accomplished.

On the drive out to the wedding I told WOChrisL my blue suit was too small which was odd as I wore it for our daughters wedding and was roughly the same weight then?   She said, was that the same suit, maybe you gave it to Goodwill when we cleaned out the closets for the remodel? It then dawned on me that I got rid of the wrong blue suit!  I kept my sons suit we bought him in HS and must have given away my good blue suit. This made me feel dumb and a bit sad.

At the wedding I saw all of my family visiting from Holland as well as all of my siblings plus some people I haven’t seen in ages.  This made me feel comforted to see family I haven’t seen in years.  The wedding was beautiful and thankfully outdoors. This made me feel a bit more comfortable since there was a lot of people.

While in the buffet line I zinged my cousin but good.  There were these large white rolls that looked like bao’s (Asian steamed meat filled buns).  I told him it was a bao and he believed me.  He was so disappointed to find it was just a roll and threw it at me.  This made us both laugh and I felt nostalgic joking around with my cousins again.  

WOChrisL and I sat with the Dutch family and I felt smart being able to understand and translate the conversations to my wife.

The end.

I like a story with a food fight, even if it was the tamest of food fights. 

• Heart 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

I like a story with a food fight, even if it was the tamest of food fights. 

It’s always been this way where I won’t see my Dutch cousins in years, 12 years with this one, and we start right into each other like I saw him last week. 

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 1

7 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Offhand, not a single suit in that photo!

Most of the men in that picture are Dutch relatives and they didn’t pack formal clothes.  I have a gray coat but you can’t really see it.  One BIL has a coat but not a suit, the other BIL front middle in white shirt is a freaking dufus, the fact he’s not wearing jeans is a plus.

About 75%  of the men at the wedding had a coat or suit on. 

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

Most of the men in that picture are Dutch relatives and they didn’t pack formal clothes.  I have a gray coat but you can’t really see it.  One BIL has a coat but not a suit, the other BIL front middle in white shirt is a freaking dufus, the fact he’s not wearing jeans is a plus.

About 75%  of the men at the wedding had a coat or suit on. 

My niece had her wedding a couple months ago.  It was an outdoor wedding, and an indoor reception.  I pulled my suit out of the closet, and the pants were too baggy.  I was worried for a moment, but then I decided "ain't nobody caring about what I wear", grabbed a nicer pair of pants and nice button down shirt.  Didn't even bother with a tie or bringing a sport coat.  When we got to the wedding, all the folks in suit and ties (maybe 1/4 to 1/2 of the men) were cooking and immediately had their coats off and on the back of their chairs.  I actually can't remember a wedding - except one's I've performed - where I kept my suit coat on for longer than I had to.  If we had winter weddings, I could see me wearing it longer, but not in spring or summer when I go to most weddings :)

• Heart 2

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

My niece had her wedding a couple months ago.  It was an outdoor wedding, and an indoor reception.  I pulled my suit out of the closet, and the pants were too baggy.  I was worried for a moment, but then I decided "ain't nobody caring about what I wear", grabbed a nicer pair of pants and nice button down shirt.  Didn't even bother with a tie or bringing a sport coat.  When we got to the wedding, all the folks in suit and ties (maybe 1/4 to 1/2 of the men) were cooking and immediately had their coats off and on the back of their chairs.  I actually can't remember a wedding - except one's I've performed - where I kept my suit coat on for longer than I had to.  If we had winter weddings, I could see me wearing it longer, but not in spring or summer when I go to most weddings :)

It was an evening wedding and was toasty for the start but really comfortable once the sun set.  I did remove my jacket but kept it on for the wedding which was the hottest part.

My BIL with the coat on is rather wealthy restaurant(s) owner and father of the groom.  He cracked me up as he took his coat off after the ceremony & was serving at the buffet line! 

• Heart 1

34 minutes ago, 12string said:

You left out one detail.  What size was the suit you got rid of?  I've got a wedding coming up.

Shoot not sure.  Pants are probably 34X32 and the coat is like a 42 reg maybe.  Want it?

Edit: Oh you mean my suit? 44 Reg coat 36X32 pant.  Check SoCal Goodwill.  Navy blue Macy’s brand suit.

• Heart 1

33 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

I like the guy in the white shirt and khakis.  He's got that certain something that says I don't give a fuck.  Bravo.

Not too different than the woman in the white shirt and dark pants?  

I like folks who celebrate and have a good time!

13 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Not too different than the woman in the white shirt and dark pants?  

I like folks who celebrate and have a good time!

She’s my cousin from Holland and wasn’t about to pack a nice outfit for the wedding.  Funny that her daughter & her have the same pose.  I don’t think that was staged. My other cousins wife, the blonde in the blue dress did pack a dress for the wedding but her husband (the roll throwing one) & two sons were pretty casual.