A Tour question

jsharr
Go to solution Solved by Kirby,

And while in general the Viking commercials don't bother me, I don't like the scene where the two couples are sitting on the boat, drinking wine and chatting as they pass by Notre Dame Cathedral.  Are these people really so bored of travel that they can't even bother to look up at the scenery as they pass by.  What could they possibly be discussing over their wine that wouldn't wait for 30 seconds while they notice their surroundings.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Kirby said:

And while in general the Viking commercials don't bother me, I don't like the scene where the two couples are sitting on the boat, drinking wine and chatting as they pass by Notre Dame Cathedral.  Are these people really so bored of travel that they can't even bother to look up at the scenery as they pass by.  What could they possibly be discussing over their wine that wouldn't wait for 30 seconds while they notice their surroundings.

Gotta hope they're about to dock and get ashore to explore on foot?

Just now, Razors Edge said:

Gotta hope they're about to dock and get ashore to explore on foot?

They look too comfy sitting there drinking their wine and smiling at their stupid chatter.

6 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I find it funny that Vikings came in their longboats to rape and pillage and burn and now Viking Longboats bring herds of Americans in "enjoy the culture".  Strange....

Yeah she annoys me too.  There is a longer seldom played longer  commercial where the guy is riding a peleton type bike and the instructor says that so she does it to mimic the instructor.  

It ads some context and makes the line slightly less annoying. 

Just now, ChrisL said:

Yeah she annoys me too.  There is a longer seldom played longer  commercial where the guy is riding a peleton type bike and the instructor says that so she does it to mimic the instructor.  

It ads some context and makes the line slightly less annoying. 

It is not possible for it to be less annoying in any context, but is does scream "PELOTON" for sure.  LETS GO PELOTON could trigger me to slap someone.

8 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I think if one of your biggest annoyances today is the woman in the Lexus ad on subscription based television that you are streaming on a computer on your second monitor, at work, you have lowered the bar for "first world problems" to a whole new level.   :rolleyes:

So what exactly is your point? 

• Heart 1

• Solution
17 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I think if one of your biggest annoyances today is the woman in the Lexus ad, you have lowered the bar for "first world problems" to a whole new level.   :rolleyes:

You underestimate me.  I have room for lots of annoyances in my life and still have room left over for some grudges, peeves, piques and some umbrage, dissatisfaction and a few resentments. :nodhead:  And still have room to enjoy a snickerdoodle cookie and tea.

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 1

On 7/19/2022 at 12:16 PM, jsharr said:

I find it funny that Vikings came in their longboats to rape and pillage and burn and now Viking Longboats bring herds of Americans in "enjoy the culture".  Strange....

Four of us toured Paris and the French Riviera together for 9 days in 1998: my cousin Phyllis and I took our mothers, who were close sisters throughout their lives.

We did the nighttime boat tour along the Seine River in Paris and the Notre Dame Cathedral was sort of hauntingly lit up. It was a thrill and I made sure I got some video of it, though I wasn't in a good position to get a good shot. Of course, we also went inside during the day and attended a mass at Sacre Coeur up on Montmartre, the city's big hill.  Here are some screencaps from the video I shot from the tour boat.

image.thumb.png.2ae74d99cb6e7b4e02897855d5c30b6c.png

image.thumb.png.e8c4f354efc500e3fb22ae726009ca0a.png

Notre Dame is actually on an island in the Seine that was the original site of the city. You can see the Seine River reflecting light in the bottom right:

image.thumb.png.326b2aeaf22a121da1057221bf272558.png

• Heart 2

On 7/19/2022 at 12:08 PM, Kirby said:

I don't like the scene where the two couples are sitting on the boat, drinking wine and chatting as they pass by Notre Dame Cathedral.  Are these people really so bored of travel that they can't even bother to look up at the scenery as they pass by.  What could they possibly be discussing over their wine that wouldn't wait for 30 seconds while they notice their surroundings.

That the people on the boat could be so clueless as to ignore the Notre Dame Cathedral is, like,

inSeine.

• Haha 2