Out of surgery, doing good

Tizeye

49 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Just what kind of operation was this, anyway???

With ovulation, I am not pregnant. Darn, I was hoping to supplement my retirement with entry into the Guinness Book of World Records. Just imagine the payoff!

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Murses, there are lots of them around now and I don’t think Tizeye swings that way.

Just getting old nurses doesn’t keep the heart rate down on old guys, don’t ask me how I know.

That is the good part aboot getting old. Widens the field. :D 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

9 minutes ago, donkpow said:

You know, people think I am a grouch and uncaring. Someone who is self centered and unfeeling.  Well that may be true but I like hamburgers and I know you will, too. So hurry up and get some so I will feel better.

I'd feel better if I was getting the hamburgers.

• Hugs 1

45 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

Everything done, waiting for Dr to officially discharge. Wife learned he was at a remote clinic across town today so probably will be his assistant, who nurses indicated was in earlier but no discharge. Presumably checking with Dr on details such as medication. Nurses are following up on that after I advised them Dr was at the Celebration (Disney area) clinic today.

Meanwhile, view from my room. I didn’t think two helicopters would fit on that pad.

93A93FBC-DA10-4209-BA9F-6FA954F5C2CB.jpeg

Very carefully.

3 hours ago, Tizeye said:

They are keeping me overnight and running more tests, plus having the Abbott rep review machine performance at elevated heart rate. It was normal when reviewed earlier.

What’s for dinner? 
And how was that pot roast(?) they served yesterday? 

They are keeping me overnight and running more tests, plus having the Abbott rep review machine performance at elevated heart rate. It was normal when reviewed earlier.

Are you some sort of cyborg now???

And., isn't it Cyberdyne Systems, not Abbott, that ought to review performance??

• Heart 1

19 hours ago, jdc2000 said:

Heart rate at 120 after the pacemaker?  I hope it is not one of those cheap Chinese pacemakers with the security issues in the WiFi access.

I was talking to the PM rep after I got mine. I asked her if I got the Stark Industries model. She laughed & said her husband works for Marvel. 

• Haha 1

Hmmm. They can pull 6 months of data off mine. 
Do you know if you have one or two leads? I have two, they reduced my ventricle assist to 50% during my last visit.

1 hour ago, 2Far said:

Hmmm. They can pull 6 months of data off mine. 
Do you know if you have one or two leads? I have two, they reduced my ventricle assist to 50% during my last visit.

It is the Abbott Quadra Allure multipulse with twin leads. The Abbott tech returned and working fine, printing out event reports for Dr. He also noted that Pacemakers are designed to focus on low pulse. Medication to control high pulse with Pacemaker kicking in when medication drops too low. The easy explanation. After he left, logged onto my patient portal and saw the various reports, including the labs. My WBC and it’s sub components were significantly elevated. They gave me IV antibiotics last night. Suspect wanting to get the infection down as the body works against what they inserted. Later this evening will do an ECHO when the daytime demand ceases.

• Heart 1

Prayers for a quick recovery....

10 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

Abbott Quadra Allure multipulse with twin leads.

This one?  link  

So... do you get a RF monitor at home?  And the pace maker uploads data from time to time?   

Quadra Allure MP CRT-P helps you better manage your patients’ heart failure with intuitive programming options and timely access to their vital heart failure diagnostic data through radio frequency (RF) monitoring, 

56 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

Prayers for a quick recovery....

This one?  link  

So... do you get a RF monitor at home?  And the pace maker uploads data from time to time?   

I have a nightstand unit. They use a third party to monitor it, but the doc can set the parameters they alert on. 

7 minutes ago, 2Far said:

I have a nightstand unit. They use a third party to monitor it, but the doc can set the parameters they alert on. 

So you don't worry about hackers encrypting our pace maker holding you hostage until you pay the ransom?  

Seriously..  is there security for the monitor?  One search found this...   The Hackable Cardiac Devices

I know this is 'convenient' but is this technology safe?  

I didn't even setup the internet access for my washer or drier.