Heading into the house to pack a lunch

Further
Go to solution Solved by Further,

19 minutes ago, Further said:

I'm confused, I think I can afford to retire. 

But I don't want to be guessing on this

I don't want to quit a well paying, seldom hard labor job, and end up working at Walmart or Lowes.

Especially with the global economics as they are. 

• Heart 2

6 hours ago, Further said:

I'm confused, I think I can afford to retire. 

But I don't want to be guessing on this

I don't want to quit a well paying, seldom hard labor job, and end up working at Walmart or Lowes.

Same here. I am jealous of peeps who retaared in their low 60s, but OTOH I actually enjoy my job once in a while now plus my plan was always to work at least another year to get my wife to Medicare age. And I don’t have any plans other than to relax my ass off and try to loose the Milwaukee tumor. The house needs a lot of work and/or $$$ so I would way rather work then deal with that. :D  A HUGE bennie I have is mucho vacation time so that goes a loooong way toward making working tolerable.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

Retirement is awful.  YOu don't want to go there.  It's better to keep working and collecting a paycheck with that miniscule amount of money confiscated under the FICA laws so that it may be given to others who retired before you.

My retaared neighbor gives me that shit all the time. :D  Actually he keeps encouraging me to join in on the scam. :D

2 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Retirement is awful.  YOu don't want to go there.  It's better to keep working and collecting a paycheck with that miniscule amount of money confiscated under the FICA laws so that it may be given to others who retired before you.

Darn tootin! We zeroed out social security in a bunch of our retirement planning scenarios, but I'd love a little gravy if I can get it.  Hopefully Further, et al stick with so I can have that!

@Philander Seabury, keep up the good work!