Funny Customs stop today.

Wilbur

I got to visit a lot of the land border crossings between the US and Canada over the years. For the last 15 years or more of my career in transportation, the streamlining of the paperwork, ie, advance notification and pre clearance meant that I seldom had to even get out of the truck. 

However, for the last few years, one of my most frequently visited crossings was International Falls Mn. They did not have a manned booth for trucks, so I always had to go inside. They always went out and did a quick sweep of the cab, and I crossed there so often, I became known as the guy with a bike in the cab.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Rattlecan said:

I got to visit a lot of the land border crossings between the US and Canada over the years. For the last 15 years or more of my career in transportation, the streamlining of the paperwork, ie, advance notification and pre clearance meant that I seldom had to even get out of the truck. 

However, for the last few years, one of my most frequently visited crossings was International Falls Mn. They did not have a manned booth for trucks, so I always had to go inside. They always went out and did a quick sweep of the cab, and I crossed there so often, I became known as the guy with a bike in the cab.

When I lived in Ft Frances, Intl Falls was our late night drinking spot.  We were all on a first name basis with Customs on both sides and would just slowly coast through the crossing :)  

• Heart 1

11 hours ago, Rattlecan said:

Intl falls is a lovely place to race bikes in Jan. Mittens might still be there trying to thaw his rear hub.

• Heart 1

15 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

When I lived in Ft Frances, Intl Falls was our late night drinking spot.  We were all on a first name basis with Customs on both sides and would just slowly coast through the crossing :)  

Crossing the bridge US bound with a truck was interesting. We had to use the train bridge that runs along side. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

We used to cross at Richford VT to go skiing in Quebec. After your first trip through for the year the customs guys would just wave you through.😁

• Heart 1