Wordle 7/27/22 (Spoiler)

Ralphie
Go to solution Solved by Prophet Zacharia,

49 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Sneaky. Double “O” AND double “T”. Although the double “O” was pretty predictable once “A,E,I and U” were excluded.

FA7C91ED-3689-4CF3-8D2D-A0AA695BCF09.png

I’ve started looking at it that if letters are already vetted, then gung ho on using them again!  

• Heart 3

20 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

When I thought of MOTTO, I also thought of LOTTO.  MOTTO seemed more likely.  Afterwards, I checked the list and LOTTO isn't on it.  However, in just rummaging around, I noticed the word BETEL.  Unknown to me, but looked it up and it is a southeast asian leaf or vine.  I would never have come up with the word BETEL.  But when it shows up in the near future, you can thank me for the warning.  :) 

Also came across BUSED.  As in, "the students were bused to school".  I must be an idiot.  I always thought "bused" and "busing" were spelled with two s's.  "Bused" seems like it would be pronounced with a long "u", like the word, "abused".  :unsure:

• Heart 2

44 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Also came across BUSED.  As in, "the students were bused to school".  I must be an idiot.  I always thought "bused" and "busing" were spelled with two s's.  "Bused" seems like it would be pronounced with a long "u", like the word, "abused".  :unsure:

Bussed sounds like something electrical.  Isn’t that a brand of fuse?  Buss?

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, Road Runner said:

For some reason, the vision of an all-green Wordle board is quite appealing.  I think you should get extra points for an all-green board.  :)  

I will award myself an appropriate number of SWF Potatoe Points.  I am thinking 3.14? 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Road Runner said:

When I thought of MOTTO, I also thought of LOTTO.  MOTTO seemed more likely.  Afterwards, I checked the list and LOTTO isn't on it.  However, in just rummaging around, I noticed the word BETEL.  Unknown to me, but looked it up and it is a southeast asian leaf or vine.  I would never have come up with the word BETEL.  But when it shows up in the near future, you can thank me for the warning.  :) 

south pacific islanders chewed on betel nut in several WWII south pacific books I have red.  Stains the teeth and gums bright red.  It is a a pyschoactive. It is now suspected of causing mouth cancer.  Not a good thing.

• Heart 2

8 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Sneaky. Double “O” AND double “T”. Although the double “O” was pretty predictable once “A,E,I and U” were excluded.

FA7C91ED-3689-4CF3-8D2D-A0AA695BCF09.png

Agreed

3 hours ago, Road Runner said:

I think ss is the old

way 

• Heart 1

48 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

@Philander Seabury, no offense to PZ, but jsharr got it in 3 and also had an all-green board.  Shouldn't you award the Solution to @jsharr?

Hmmm, Goode pointe!  My current algorithm is best score then oldest post. The green yellow thing is snot part of the score but does have merit. So as usual we have a catch 22.

Thevbest solution is for you to start the Wordle threads so it is then your monkey and your circus. Works for me!  :D

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Hmmm, Goode pointe!  My current algorithm is best score then oldest post. The green yellow thing is snot part of the score but does have merit. So as usual we have a catch 22.

Thevbest solution is for you to start the Wordle threads so it is then your monkey and your circus. Works for me!  :D