Wordle for 7-29-22 (Spoiler)

Road Runner
Go to solution Solved by Kirby,

Apparently, UPSET wasn't very upsetting for most players.  :)

But, in other news, I stumbled across the word "dross" while rummaging through the Wordle word list.  It seems like an easy word to solve if you know it is a word.  Personally, I've never seen or heard it before.  It seems rather obscure to be in the WWL.  :huh:

So my Wordle Word of the Day is:  DROSS  :)

• Awesome 1

19 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

But, in other news, I stumbled across the word "dross" while rummaging through the Wordle word list.  It seems like an easy word to solve if you know it is a word.  Personally, I've never seen or heard it before.  It seems rather obscure to be in the WWL.  :huh:

:desk: I thought of an excellent one this morning -NADIR!  Is that in the word list?

• Heart 2

I blew it. I convinced myself the word probably ended in -es, even though I know Wordle doesn’t use plural words or words ending in -s, and I’d already ruled out starting with an -s. I couldn’t get to upset without going through spiesimage.thumb.png.04fbc21604475d17657ea441cb90c351.png

• Heart 2

57 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Without checking TFG, I'd describe it as kind of the leftover worthless stuff, i.e., the dregs at the bottom of your coffee cup; or the lint in your dryer filter.

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, 2Far said:

Without checking TFG, I'd describe it as kind of the leftover worthless stuff, i.e., the dregs at the bottom of your coffee cup; or the lint in your dryer filter.

It’s also the waste that rises to the top of super-heated metal ore. 

• Heart 1

29 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

I blew it. I convinced myself the word probably ended in -es,

This.  Upset was my standard go to 'e and s both in the wrong spot second guess' but today thought I needed to try 'o' and 'es'

30 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

Wordle doesn’t use plural words or words ending in -s

This I did not know.

Screenshot_20220729-074806_Chrome.jpg