Can you parents of daughters fact check this for me?

jsharr
Go to solution Solved by 12string,

1 hour ago, 12string said:

Quite true.  While it's common to see the larvae out in the open, but still loosely attached to their brood, I believe you've encountered one in the pupa stage.  Once reaching the adult stage, they re-emerge and can quite often be spotted in the wild.  Some will revert to larvae like dependencies, and can become parasitic if the host doesn't reject the attempts.

• Haha 1

I'd say it is just as likely or more so with teenage boys these days for them to be relatively reclusive. :(  If you can get kids into sports or activities, you've got a shot, but with video games so big, I think boys are the ones these days more likely inside avoiding people.  

Girls (and boys) generally are also happier - as teens - socializing and going out with peeps their own age, and less so with younger siblings or their parents.

Even when I was a kid, a parent in tow was a huge buzzkill.

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I'd say it is just as likely or more so with teenage boys these days for them to be relatively reclusive. :(  If you can get kids into sports or activities, you've got a shot, but with video games so big, I think boys are the ones these days more likely inside avoiding people.  

Girls (and boys) generally are also happier - as teens - socializing and going out with peeps their own age, and less so with younger siblings or their parents.

Even when I was a kid, a parent in tow was a huge buzzkill.

Dad Dancing GIF by Vevo

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, ChrisL said:

No can’t relate. My daughter is the most awesome person. No teenage drama with her, no drama ever with her.

I’m seeing a lot of her in CJ which should bode well for her. 

Like this.... , neither daughter was a drama queen through their teen years and caused me very few headaches.  

3 hours ago, jsharr said:

“Rarely seen out of its preferred habitat of a secluded bedroom, today I spotted a teenagerus rapturous venturing out in open space. I was able to take a photo before it sensed my presence and hissed as it turned around to engage in a series of eye rolls. After staring me down (I sat frozen in place to ensure it didn't attack), it slowly backed away to take a series of selfies.

Our daughter is old enough...  this was the cell phone we got for her for the car trips to the local college. 

dek

That said..  she was often secluded in her bedroom listing to music and/or talking to people on our landline.   

• Heart 2