Friday music

Parsnip Totin Jack

10 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

I can never come across Merle Haggard withoot immediately thinking of PPL's I'll Fix Your Flat Tire Merle.  Love that!

There is a nurse practitioner that works with me.  She is like 12 years old  (not really, I think she's 24) but she had never heard of Merle.  And she is a Kentucky horse girl that goes to shows and rodeos and shit.  

1 hour ago, Parr8hed said:

There is a nurse practitioner that works with me.  She is like 12 years old  (not really, I think she's 24) but she had never heard of Merle.  And she is a Kentucky horse girl that goes to shows and rodeos and shit.  

It’s not that she’s young, she plain ignorant.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

It’s not that she’s young, she plain ignorant.

I can't remember the last time I heard a Merle Haggard song (didn't't click the video above yet).  It's not really too common where young folks get their music these days. 

4 hours ago, jsharr said:

Heard this one the way in ["Cool Change"].  Made me miss my carefree days working on the lake and sailing every wednesday night and going to regattas on long weekeends.

Were you listening to Yacht Rock on Sirius XM (14)?  I think I heard this on that channel last weekend.  Strange but I've been gravitating to that channel when I'm in the minivan.  I think if you listen for an hour you are guaranteed to hear "Baker Street".