A product that calms your cat down

Road Runner

So I saw this ad on TV last night for a product that purports to reduce your cat's unwanted hyper activity or anxiety-ridden behavior or whatever.  The ad showed a cat just sitting with it's owner in a very docile and content looking mode.  :unsure:

So it is legal and acceptable to drug your pet to achieve the particular behavior pattern that pleases you?   :o

• Heart 1

25 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

So I saw this ad on TV last night for a product that purports to reduce your cat's unwanted hyper activity or anxiety-ridden behavior or whatever.  The ad showed a cat just sitting with it's owner in a very docile and content looking mode.  :unsure:

So it is legal and acceptable to drug your pet to achieve the particular behavior pattern that pleases you?   :o

If it's like most drug adverts on late night TV, the drug is useless at best and possibly harmful. It will lighten your wallet or make your credit card warmer.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

9 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

In my day, our parents just sent us outside to play.  For some reason, people don't do that anymore.  :(

Sure. But some are hyper and need a little sedative so the Mommy and Daddy can get an EFFIN BREAK once in a while! Is that too much to ask?!?!? 

I always thought that cat "antics" was one of the features of cats that people liked and enjoyed.  I thought that cat lovers were amused and drawn to cats for that very reason.

Maybe if you have a cat, but you don't like normal cat behavior, you should find a new home for the cat, versus turning it into a drugged-out zombie.  

• Thank You 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I always thought that cat "antics" was one of the features of cats that people liked and enjoyed.  I thought that cat lovers were amused and drawn to cats for that very reason.

Maybe if you have a cat, but you don't like normal cat behavior, you should find a new home for the cat, versus turning it into a drugged-out zombie.  

One of my cats - who was AWESOME - tended to engage in those antics at 1am-3am.  I slept with the bedroom door close, but even then, you'd hear him running up and down the hallway and doing random insane cat stuff.  It would often culminate with him "knocking" on the door, and then working his front paw back and forth under the door.

TOTAL LUNATIC.  God do I miss his nuttiness.

• Hugs 2

Sid likes to play about 3 times/ day. First when Wo2 is getting ready for work, two is when whoever gets home from work first, and three is about 9:30 at night. There might be a fourth, if Wo2 stays up late. He like us to chase him, he hides under a table with a cloth over it so he can be an ambush predator. Repeat. 

Then there are the post-poop runs. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1