Last day…

ChrisL

6 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Ohh a cheeseburger does sound good!  Good call! 

In N Out double double!  Get me a T shirt.  Actually, don't worry about the shirt.  It was cool to wear one back in the day when you had to go to Cali to get one, but we have them in Texas now, so too main stream for me.

• Heart 3

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

We do Rubio’s fairly often, cheeseburgers not so much. 

You've got good options!

I still chuckle at the time we went to Wienerschnitzel (after passing dozens of times) and got a couple hotdogs.  It was like $20 :D  Too crazy. Should have had In & Out instead.

logo1.png   images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQS8q3eOquT4iefpCe44hx

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

I was just messaging the head of HR and she sent me a very heartfelt message thanking me for all of my support over the years.  She made sure I had her personal cell & email… 

So freaking bizarre. I gotta go but nobody wants me to leave..

You will likely be the first they ask back when business heats up, good job!

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

You've got good options!

I still chuckle at the time we went to Wienerschnitzel (after passing dozens of times) and got a couple hotdogs.  It was like $20 :D  Too crazy. Should have had In & Out instead.

My kids love Weinerschitzel chili cheese fries.  I haven’t eaten food there in ages but do get a chocolate dipped cone on occasion.   Us old timers still call it “Der” as it was called Der Weinerschitzel until the late 90’s. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

My kids love Weinerschitzel chili cheese fries.  I haven’t eaten food there in ages but do get a chocolate dipped cone on occasion.   Us old timers still call it “Der” as it was called Der Weinerschitzel until the late 90’s. 

We ate there in Woodland Hills back in the day. I remember Der Weinerschnitzel. 

• Awesome 2

7 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

My wife talked about eating there in the 80s as a teen.  Not sure if that was a "recommendation" from her or just for the nostalgia of it.  I was left puzzled by the menu, but still enjoyed eating it on the beach.

4 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

We ate there in Woodland Hills back in the day. I remember Der Weinerschnitzel. 

Not sure if you know the story but the founder who’s name escapes me now was a good friend and business partner of Glenn Bell of Taco Bell.  He wanted to start his own fast food joint but didn’t want to directly compete with Taco Bell. Both were SoCal mainstays in the 60’s & 70’s.  Taco Bell went national but not sure if Weinerschitzel is. 

• Heart 1

I'm thinking of you today, Chris.  Even when you know things are going to work out, and it's clear the current place is undergoing a lot of turmoil at the moment so that staying would be stressful, it's still hard to make a change like that. It's nice that so many of the senior people are supportive.  Many companies only give "dates of employment and not fired for cause" as a reference, but it's clear that many of these people would also give personal references.

But change is never easy and I hope you take some time to be kind to yourself before starting on your next adventure.

• Thank You 1

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

My wife talked about eating there in the 80s as a teen.  Not sure if that was a "recommendation" from her or just for the nostalgia of it.  I was left puzzled by the menu, but still enjoyed eating it on the beach.

It was an iconic SoCal thing back in the day and it was cheap.  Taco Bell & Der were really popular with SoCal teens in the 70’s & 80’s.

29 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

You've got good options!

How do you eat In and Out Burger without having Flashbacks from Clockwork Orange?

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

Well, at least you will get to spend more time with her when she is there.  Bonus, right?  :lol:

My FIL is coming next week, I’m looking forward to hanging out with him. We are flying MIL in Sept I think…. It’s already booked I just don’t remember the dates. If I’m not working I’ll be fishing & riding a lot that week! 

• Heart 3

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

I have a 3 PM phone interview today and might take it from my office but not sure I want to stay that long…

You should just leave and work from home for the day.   What else could they do to you?   

Have a good great day.   :D

A cheeseburger does sound good.   Soon WoBG and I will be leaving go to the Bull Moose Bar & Grille.    Yeah... I haven't had a cheeseburger in a while.  

• Heart 1

12 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

You should just leave and work from home for the day.   What else could they do to you?   

Have a good great day.   :D

A cheeseburger does sound good.   Soon WoBG and I will be leaving go to the Bull Moose Bar & Grille.    Yeah... I haven't had a cheeseburger in a while.  

I just finished my second cup of coffee. It’s pushing 9:30 Pacific, I think I’ll get ready & head in to turn in my gear & turn around & go home! 😂.  

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

46 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Not sure if you know the story but the founder who’s name escapes me now was a good friend and business partner of Glenn Bell of Taco Bell.  He wanted to start his own fast food joint but didn’t want to directly compete with Taco Bell. Both were SoCal mainstays in the 60’s & 70’s.  Taco Bell went national but not sure if Weinerschitzel is. 

Wiki search: founder John Galardi. Subsidiaries are Tastee Freez. Locations in the following states AZ, CA CO IL LA NM NV TX UT & WA

we dined there in the late 60’s early 70’s. I tried them again in the 90’s for nostalgia but I won’t repeat that experience. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Old No. 7 said:

Wiki search: founder John Galardi. Subsidiaries are Tastee Freez. Locations in the following states AZ, CA CO IL LA NM NV TX UT & WA

we dined there in the late 60’s early 70’s. I tried them again in the 90’s for nostalgia but I won’t repeat that experience. 

I still like a chocolate dipped vanilla cone once in a while but DQ is still my favorite.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Dottles said:

Fried shit in there,  

DARN TOOTIN!

4 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I still like a chocolate dipped vanilla cone once in a while but DQ is still my favorite.

I'm still looking out for the "on the chopping block" Choco Taco whenever I hit a grocery or convenience store.

Just now, Dottles said:

If you're going to consume the oil, you might as well be consuming the beef.  Get over yourself.

I like Fish Tacos!!!

But also like all sorts of other tacos :D

1 minute ago, Digital_photog said:

I make better ice cream than either of those places.  Will be making 2 gallons of peach tomorrow.

Unless you deliver to VA and CA, that's just rubbing it in :(

There's probably some jobs in U.S. ..wonder for this:

Job ad actually for our organization.

Investigative Analyst
Next Job

As an Investigative Analyst you will be responsible for assisting in the facilitating of the investigative process within Corporate Security.  You will provide analytical, information and investigative support and assist in triaging the intake of all Integrity & Advisory Services investigation requests and files.  Primary duties include:

Review, analyze, protect and export closed-circuit television (CCTV) footage for video evidence from both networked and standalone systems; testify in court about this evidence as required.
Conduct trend analysis to identify patterns related to reported security incidents and help to establish investigative priorities and support operational requirements.
Create link chart analysis using software to verify information and garner intelligence to support Integrity and Advisory Services’ files.
Monitor Corporate Security’s various forms of intake; conduct an initial review of the information and create Integrity & Advisory Services files.
Educate, advise, and collaborate with technicians and Security Advisors.
Liaise with Law Enforcement daily on video evidence.
Qualifications
A completed 2 year certificate or diploma with at least 5 years of investigative experience; OR
A degree in social sciences or a related field and at least 1 year of investigative experience.
Experience must include research and report writing. 
A valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence (or provincial equivalent) and the use of a personal vehicle for work is required.
Advanced proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) is required.
Knowledge of City sites and Video Management systems/software, database systems, open-source intelligence and social media platforms, and Security i2 software will be considered assets.
Previous experience in witness testimony will also be considered an asset.
Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively, combined with strong work ethics and integrity.
Strong analytical, observational, and technical abilities accompanied by strong organization and time management skills.
The ability to maintain confidentiality and objectivity is critical for success in this role.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Working Conditions: Content of video you will have to watch may be disturbing and graphic in nature.

Pre-employment Requirements
A security clearance will be conducted.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.

5 hours ago, ChrisL said:

On a positive note my phone interview with the recruiter went well and was told my resume would be forwarded to a hiring manager for next steps. 

So I missed something here.  It sounds like you were wanted and walked away looking for a new job?  Either they hired a new contractor or you got fed up with the BS.  Spill it Chris!!  Yes, I agree to like your Rams for one season or however old man Wagner can hang on.

7 hours ago, Dottles said:

So I missed something here.  It sounds like you were wanted and walked away looking for a new job?  Either they hired a new contractor or you got fed up with the BS.  Spill it Chris!!  Yes, I agree to like your Rams for one season or however old man Wagner can hang on.

I was laid off.  The company is tanking, new CEO hired a consulting firm and based on their recommendations cuts are being made.  We are going from 11K employees down to 5K by end of year.

A lot of people were surprised my position was on the chopping block and a couple of EVP’s fought hard for me but lost.  Ultimately they were able to max out my severance at 12 weeks plus paid medical for the same period and I got a weeks notice.  They didn’t just cut my access & kick me out.  

So the good byes were tough, nobody wanted me to leave yet I had to go…

• Hugs 1