Jump to content

Story Time


Parr8hed
 Share

Recommended Posts

I Interviewed for a job a few months ago.  Basically the same job that I accepted at my current employer, but at a different company.  The job was posted because they lost a nurse who suffered a "horrible incident".

So today I am at a center and treating a patient who came in from the jail.  He is awaiting trial for murder.  He murdered his wife in front of their kids.  

As I am talking to him (he is a SUPER nice guy) he tells me that his wife was a dialysis nurse.  Ok, creepy....

As I talk to him more, I realize that this MF shot his wife who was the dialysis nurse who's job I interviewed for.  The "horrible incident" was her getting shot by her husband. 

The world is a weird place. 

  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Yuck. 
so he is on dialysis and his wife was a dialysis nurse?

Yes.  My god it was so wild being in the room talking to him about his dialysis.  He would say something like "Yea, that was what my wife used to do".  Crazy. 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Would be a shame to let him bleed out

So his blood pump was running at 400 cc/min.  Av amount of blood in an adult male is 7.2 liters.  Seems hard to believe that it would take about 15 min to bleed him out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

I Interviewed for a job a few months ago.  Basically the same job that I accepted at my current employer, but at a different company.  The job was posted because they lost a nurse who suffered a "horrible incident".

So today I am at a center and treating a patient who came in from the jail.  He is awaiting trial for murder.  He murdered his wife in front of their kids.  

As I am talking to him (he is a SUPER nice guy) he tells me that his wife was a dialysis nurse.  Ok, creepy....

As I talk to him more, I realize that this MF shot his wife who was the dialysis nurse who's job I interviewed for.  The "horrible incident" was her getting shot by her husband. 

The world is a weird place. 

Criminals who commit awful crimes are almost always portrayed as awful people in all ways in movies and TV, but they often seem very nice in real life

When I was under 35 years-old, I was the State Director for my Jaycees chapter, which basically meant it was my responsibility to make sure my chapter interacted with other chapters and district and state events.

So I decided it would be cool to visit the Jaycees Chapter at the Baltimore City Penitentiary!

We got the scare from the guards clanging the gates closed behind us and taking their time opening the gates in front of us, then ended up in a big meeting room with lots of chairs, couches, etc.  We did the Jaycees Creed which ends "Service to humanity is the best work of life!" and that seemed a little weird in that setting.  But they held their meeting pretty much the same way we did and interacted in friendly ways like we did.

Then we spent an hour after the meeting talking to the convicts who included an embezzler, a murderer and several others who had committed violent crimes.  They are seemed friendly and the embezzler was a very bright guy.  If we weren't at the penetentiary, we wouldn't have suspected they had committed serious crimes.  We ended up making that an annual visit for 3 straight years until I became an "exhausted rooster," the Jaycees term for anyone who, back then, was 35 or older and couldn't hold a Jaycees office or run a project because the Jaycees purpose was to develop leadership and confidence in YOUNG men.  Now it's open to men and women ages 21-40 as regular members.

But, back then in the early 80's, the Jaycees had 350,000 American members and now has 12,000.  I supported women in the Jaycees, but the wives and girlfriends of my chapter's members wanted their husbands hanging out with guys, not girls.  I wonder if women membership that began in 1984 had something to do with the Jaycees' membership collapsing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Parr8hed said:

So his blood pump was running at 400 cc/min.  Av amount of blood in an adult male is 7.2 liters.  Seems hard to believe that it would take about 15 min to bleed him out. 

He doesn't need to lose it all.

Air embolism sounds like it offers better oopsie plausible deniability. 

  • Like 1
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it’s interesting to read the comments about exacting punishment on the guy.  You get a totally different perspective when you see a person sent to the intake for spousal abuse get worked by the deputies. The hell with the judicial system, we’re gonna make you pay you POS.  Sex offenders, holy crap look out.

The county lock up was a wild place and many criminals got their first taste of payback by the “good guys”.  The violence dolled out by cops sickened me.  

Yeah the guy killed his wife but we are not the judge, jury & executioner. 

  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, ChrisL said:

I think it’s interesting to read the comments about exacting punishment on the guy.  

I didn't comment with the intent of exacting further punishment, and I'd suggest others didn't either but they may speak for themselves.

Instead, my comment reflects on the concept that no matter what sentence the legal system demands, it doesn't seem like even the most severe punishment cannot compare to the finality of the crime committed, and that leads to a feeling that justice may have been meted out but that the victims can never receive the extent of the justice they truly deserve.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...