Barbie doll world experience

shootingstar

if I had a ton more time to visit family Toronto, choose Lego world....or Barbie doll world ..for a great niece. (or is it grand niece, daughter of my nephew).   A look inside Canada's life-size Barbie world (torontolife.com)  

I guess these places excite some kids.  So commercialized.

Most likely her parents would be amused  and wouldn't think of bringing her way out in the 'burbs where this place is located. One has to battle Toronto traffic to get there anyway.  By the way, the mother is a pediatrician who would support fun girl stuff....up to a certain point, for little daughter.  

For another family (who will be visiting me), BIL was stridently against filling fantasies in his little daughter's head at that time,  with fairy tale pink dress- up and ballet tulle stuff.  Whereas the mother, my sister was more neutral, who did see both sides: temporary child fantasies  vs. overplaying pink-fairy princess dress-up stuff for daughter.  Anyway, her daughter took classes later in tae-kwan do and now, is enthused about rowing classes in the lake. 

Both daughters were into Barbie. Having a SiL at Mattel didn’t hurt! The people there loved kids and were so excited to actually visit with kids. They gave our kids lots of test items that never reached production. They wanted kids to play with them rather than mercenaries dumpster diving for them to sell online. 
The fantasy/image thing is all in how you handle it. We never got hung up on body image for ourselves or our kids. Live a good life and accept what you are given. 

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, groupw said:

Both daughters were into Barbie. Having a SiL at Mattel didn’t hurt! The people there loved kids and were so excited to actually visit with kids. They gave our kids lots of test items that never reached production. They wanted kids to play with them rather than mercenaries dumpster diving for them to sell online. 
The fantasy/image thing is all in how you handle it. We never got hung up on body image for ourselves or our kids. Live a good life and accept what you are given. 

Cool, having a close relative work at a toy design firm.

14 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Well I played dungeons and dragons as a kid and I’m currently shooting vaporware bad guys in the head with bow and arrows — all fantasy stuff— and I’ve never owned a gun, bow, or killed anyone. Just sayin 

You may have been fairly social boy outside of the games. That part counts so much.