Obscene humidity

smudge

3 minutes ago, Mr. Beanz said:

Doing a search,  max I've seen mentioned is 200.

Couldn't find anything about 900 percent. Is that even possible?

I saw something about a high humidity reading blooper but that's about it. 

Dude...I was being silly/dramatic/whiney. No, there is no such thing as 900% humidity. :unsure:

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, BR46 said:

The half marathon running this evening as we were driving home looked like it was a light turnout. Normally we will see 3 times the amount of runners. 

Understandable. I hear some runners are not nuts. 

• Heart 2

Humidity is the price we in Central and Eastern Shore Maryland pay for the wonders of the Chesapeake Bay.

I'm going to start working on my shed at 8 am today, 79° but feeling like 87° and very warm, waiting for when I know my nextdoor neighbors will be awake my I won't wake them, and by 9 am my undershirt and tee shirt will be soaked because perspiration can't dissolve into the already nearly saturated air.

image.png.02f9d222c839a1c643f8040cdf5e0489.png

• Heart 1

11 hours ago, Mr. Beanz said:

Doing a search,  max I've seen mentioned is 200.

Couldn't find anything about 900 percent. Is that even possible?

I saw something about a high humidity reading blooper but that's about it. 

11 hours ago, smudge said:

Dude...I was being silly/dramatic/whiney. No, there is no such thing as 900% humidity. :unsure:

Ok, I’ve discovered the 900% humidity. Humidity is normal in Florida and don’t even think of it as go about the day. A couple of days ago had a short mid-morning rain and cleared up nicely to a nice sunny day. Went out to get the mail, and ah the nice fresh smell after the rain. Then it hit me. The sun was evaporating the water and it was a friggin sauna I was walking through!

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Hugs 1

1 hour ago, Tizeye said:

Ok, I’ve discovered the 900% humidity. Humidity is normal in Florida and don’t even think of it as go about the day. A couple of days ago had a short mid-morning rain and cleared up nicely to a nice sunny day. Went out to get the mail, and ah the nice fresh smell after the rain. Then it hit me. The sun was evaporating the water and it was a friggin sauna I was walking through!

That is the only thing that would keep from retiring to Florida. 

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

That is the only thing that would keep from retiring to Florida. 

Yeah, Mrs wants to retire south. I want to retire north. Not sure how that will work. :unsure:

But my argument is, if the weather keeps changing, northern property values will go up when people start migrating to cooler climates. ;)

• Heart 3

6 minutes ago, team scooter said:

Yeah, Mrs wants to retire south. I want to retire north. Not sure how that will work. :unsure:

But my argument is, if the weather keeps changing, northern property values will go up when people start migrating to cooler climates. ;)

How about a small house in the south and a small house in the nort?

How about one of those motorhomes the size of a house with matching trailer where you can drive to what ever weather you want for that day. 

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, BR46 said:

How about a small house in the south and a small house in the nort?

How about one of those motorhomes the size of a house with matching trailer where you can drive to what ever weather you want for that day. 

Our sons are already fighting over us. One son lives down south and already bought a HUGE house with an inlaw suite over the garage. Our other son is bidding on a property up in the north woods with a huge chalet and a separate guest/in law cabin. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

1 minute ago, team scooter said:

Our sons are already fighting over us. One son lives down south and already bought a HUGE house with an inlaw suite over the garage. Our other son is bidding on a property up in the north woods with a huge chalet and a separate guest/in law cabin. 

Son #2 has my vote!

• Heart 3

4 minutes ago, team scooter said:

So what's the problem? 

Looks to me like you have the where to retire problem solved 

29 minutes ago, team scooter said:

Around Christmas time we will probably park our motorhome in our son's driveway for a week or two. Maybe drive to Florida for a week or two. 

We are taking about leaving the motorhome and race trailer in Georgia and fly back to Wisconsin for a few weeks before the race season starts in the south. Rumor has it that the first race will be at Daytona. Not thrilled about racing Daytona again. 

• Heart 1

For the last few days the temps have been in the 80s, and the humidity had been 80%.   At night it get a bit cooler but the humidity goes into the 94% range.  

Our ride on the tandem  yesterday... I had to stop and ring out my headband. 

It rained a lot today... the temp is now 80 and the humidity is 90%.