Do you know your congressional district?

Dottleshead

7 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

They just changed our US representative district maps in early 2022.   I was in district 16 but now I'm in 14.  Gerrymandering is alive and well in IL.     X marks my spot on the map.

image.png.d5648a91ee76c206961967c44ac548b3.png

Plenty of the here too

My District, Maryland's 3rd Congressional District, used to basically be my county until it was gerrymandered to hell, so ridiculous it and other badly gerrymandered districts cause a revolt that put redistricting after the census OUT of the politicians hands.

Here's my old gerrymandered district, designed so the heavy population center.

image.png.a538c6fccd606dcacc38990dd372b077.png

Here are Maryland's districts now, constructed by an organization made up of private citizens:

Untitled-design-72-1024x683-1.png

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Several years ago I lived in a district where my road was the northern boundary of one and the southern of another.  That’s not odd but what was odd was my next door neighbors were in the district to the south and I was in the district to the north.

• Heart 1

no idea on my district. I just rely on the names on the ballot. Then look them up & choose the least worst. The mail in voting really helps with that. We usually sit down over  several days & look at candidates. The only kicker is the County Elections boss is basically incompetant. It took a month or more for the primary ballots to  be counted. A large amount of ballots went out with blurry bar codes. So it was a hand count. And the Elections woman did not ask for any extra help in counting. The State offered. Last week there  was another "mix up" in some mailers from her. She is up for re election this year

• Heart 1