Anybody remember these guys

Further

I thought this was something I (thankfully) missed during the 80's when I was stationed overseas. But this was released in 2020 (although storyline was transported ahead 50 years (1970s) by a magical weed so was close. Ironic, 2020 lockdown impacted tv/movie production...so do animation.

Exclusive to Tubi. May have to download the ap to AppleTV or Roku. Not necessarily for Freak Brothers, but the broader selection all of which meets my favorite word...FREE! 

The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search
Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers
Freak Brother No 1.jpg
The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers #1, Feb. 1971 by Gilbert Shelton
Publication information
Publisher Rip Off Press
Format Ongoing series
Publication date February 1971 – 1997
No. of issues 14
Creative team
Created by Gilbert Shelton

The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers is an underground comic about a fictional trio of stoner characters, created by the American artist Gilbert Shelton. The Freak Brothers first appeared in The Rag, an underground newspaper published in Austin, Texas, beginning in May 1968, and were regularly reprinted in underground papers around the United States and in other parts of the world. Later their adventures were published in a series of comic books.

The lives of the Freak Brothers revolve around the procurement and enjoyment of recreational drugs, particularly marijuana. The comics present a critique of the establishment while satirizing counterculture.[1]

Fat Freddy's Cat appears in many of the stories, spinning off his own cartoon strip (which appeared as part of the Freak Brothers comic page, in the manner of older comic strip double features) and later some full-length episodes.