NCAA Football

Razors Edge

Pre-season Coaches Poll is out!  Looks awfully similar to the past decade.  Will @jsharr weep like a child? Will @2Far laugh and smile? Will @Randomguy watch a game?

1. Alabama
  2. Ohio State
  3. Georgia
  4. Clemson
  5. Notre Dame
  6. Michigan
  7. Texas A&M
  8. Utah
  9. Oklahoma
  10. Baylor
  11. Oklahoma State
  12. Oregon
  13. NC State
  14. Michigan State
  15. Southern California
  16. Pittsburgh
  17. Miami
  18. Texas
  19. Wake Forest
  20. Wisconsin
  21. Kentucky
  22. Cincinnati
  23. Arkansas
  24. Mississippi
  25. Houston

10 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

It’s amazing to me how far Utah has come along.  The only PAC 12 team in the top 10, wow.  

I hope my Trojans return to dominance under Lincoln Riley and the boat load of transfers who came to play with him.

West Coast is surprisingly under-represented. It explains @Dottles apathy.

I will watch a little if it is in view, but I typically won't go out of my way unless it is to observe a typical MI beatdown or in the big bowl.

I think the recruiting power is so concentrated these days with mostly the same top teams in the hunt, that it just isn't as exciting as it used to be.  I will be mildly excited if tOSU is going good, but pro football is where it is at, at least for me.

• Whatever 1

30 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

West Coast is surprisingly under-represented. It explains @Dottles apathy.

Well the PAC 12 hasn’t been good and the few teams that had  made major bowls recently get blown out.  That and many coaches don’t really follow west coast football as you know damn well they are not recording the games and not staying up until the wee hours to watch.

My gut tells me USC will be a top 10 program again and Utah & Oregon will be top 25 but not top 15.  

25 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Well the PAC 12 hasn’t been good and the few teams that had  made major bowls recently get blown out.  That and many coaches don’t really follow west coast football as you know damn well they are not recording the games and not staying up until the wee hours to watch.

My gut tells me USC will be a top 10 program again and Utah & Oregon will be top 25 but not top 15.  

Washington has become irrelevant