What kind of fish are you?

Square Wheels

1 hour ago, shootingstar said:

Small angelfish. I'm not wrestling like the carp that gets big and aggressive, to kick other strangers out.  Just looking to cruise through the water before going to new tropical digs. I like swimming through tiny fake castles. I finally figured it out ...fake castles. 

My little angelfish got big and ate all his tank mates.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

My little angelfish got big and ate all his tank mates.

I had some angel fish and the same thing happened.  They got big and were a holes and killed off any other fish I put in my tank (50 gal).  I just had the angels & a pleco for a few years until those feckers died.  I then restocked a communal tank. 

• Haha 1

I was a medium fish in a small pond. I’m finding out I was bigger than I thought based on communication recently from both the big fish there and the schools of fish I protected. 
I moved to a bigger pond and found I was a little fish again but I’m growing to fit the pond. 

• Heart 2

I'm a growing fish in a small pond. 

Actually about 3rd biggest fish on the force. Surprised that some of the fish that have been there for years and years ask me to help them do and organize things. 

That's ok because this fish likes ice-cream and accepts it as payment for helping others. 

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, Mr. Beanz said:

I'm a growing fish in a small pond. 

Actually about 3rd biggest fish on the force. Surprised that some of the fish that have been there for years and years ask me to help them do and organize things. 

That's ok because this fish likes ice-cream and accepts it as payment for helping others. 

My new cow-orker is like that. Just very good at what he does so he has sort of taken over. He works aboot 12 times as hard and smart as me since I am old and shot out. 

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

Through high school and undergrad college, I was intellectually one of the big fish in a small pond.

Then I went to grad school at IIT on a scholarship and teaching assistantship - along with about 25 other Chemistry TA's who were as smart or smarter than me.  In one class, "Peptides, Proteins, and Amino Acids," I got the only A but that just preserved decent status and rescued my ego: I was definitely one of the little fish in the big pond.  Still, it was kind of like the Big Bang Theory or Scorpion where people with high IQ's relax together over beer and pizza and argue passionately about trivial things like, "How bright, as seen from Earth, was the Supernova of 1054 AD, which created the "Crab Nebula"?  We really did stuff like that and, ever since, I've missed the level of group intellect and knowledge that went into those discussions.

• Heart 1

11 hours ago, Digital_photog said:

I was the big fish in a small pond. I own the pond and found it to be hard work to maintain it so I rented most of it out.  Then I was a fish out of water and ended up with sheep so I still have lots of work. This retirement thing isn't as easy as I was told it would be. 

I blame @sheep_herder  for this. He didn't tell me that raising sheep was very hard work for a retired fish.

• Haha 1