How long until gas is under $3 per gallon

jsharr

13 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

Road trip to Florida coming up in February. I hope the prices have come down by then, but I will research the prices state by state before we go to determine if we go by way of Buffalo or Detroit. The map shows about a 20 minute difference in travel time.

https://gasprices.aaa.com/  right now the Michigan to Ohio route looks like the way to go.

• Heart 1

24 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

Road trip to Florida coming up in February. I hope the prices have come down by then, but I will research the prices state by state before we go to determine if we go by way of Buffalo or Detroit. The map shows about a 20 minute difference in travel time.

Don't forget to be really scientific and determine what the extra 20 minutes of travel time will cost in terms of gasoline burned and if the savings will make up for the shorter trip.

Now perfection would be if the shorter trip was also the one with the less expensive gasoline.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Don't forget to be really scientific and determine what the extra 20 minutes of travel time will cost in terms of gasoline burned and if the savings will make up for the shorter trip.

Now perfection would be if the shorter trip was also the one with the less expensive gasoline.

If he gives us a start and end point, we can do that for him.

17 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

It's between $3.69 (Costco) and $3.79 at most places within a few miles of me.

Maryland's gas tax jumped from 36 to 43 cents/gal. on July 1st and it's now one of the highest in the country.

That's their panic at all the hybrids getting 50 or more mpg!!! And trucks that get into the 20s!!!  When I was a kid, Americans could depend on our cars getting mileage in the teens and trucks getting single digit mpg! And then we screwed it all up, and now there is no way to pay for anything. :(  Less fill-ups equals less $$$ for The Man to spend.

39 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Well, road tolls would have to factor in as well. The New York Thruway, and the West Virginia Turnpike, can be avoided by going the other way. Neither one is a big deal really.

• Heart 1