What size pillows do you have, and does anyone care if the threadcount is high on the pillow itself?

Randomguy

I saw some pillow or other on Amazon that was bragging about it's high threadcount.  Of course I thought it was a stupid thing to be boastful about, why would anyone care unless they decided they weren't going to use pillowcases for some stupid reason?

Oh, and what capacity pillow do you use to lay your enormous head on?  Just curious.

• Heart 1

11 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I saw some pillow or other on Amazon that was bragging about it's high threadcount.  Of course I thought it was a stupid thing to be boastful about, why would anyone care unless they decided they weren't going to use pillowcases for some stupid reason?

Oh, and what capacity pillow do you use to lay your enormous head on?  Just curious.

I have no idea on threadcount on pillow itself.  It is a higher quality pillow since I needed a certain firmness and shape...I searched all over. I paid $60.00 a few yrs. ago. Now the price has gone up to over $100.00.

You don't want material that will pill or too weak, becasue the pillow will wear out even if using a pillowcase. 

25 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

The higher the thread count, the fewer feathers get pushed out. 

• Heart 1

52 minutes ago, jsharr said:

My pillows are pillow sized.  I have never counted their threads

I have two slightly softer pillows for lateral use & one slightly firmer pillow for head use. I kinda use the lateral pillows to support my carcass so I don't fully sleep on my stomach & displace my CPAP mask

• Heart 1

I use 2 pillows.  One softer and one firmer.  I don't know the specs on them.  WoKzoo brings one home when she deems with her superior wisdom that I need a new pillow.  If I like it, I keep it.  If not, she takes it back.  

And just remember, if you remove the tag on a pillow, the mattress police are authorized to enforce that felony as well.

11 minutes ago, 2Far said:

That's what the 2nd/3rd pillows are for.

See location of striped pillow (FYI, not my photo):

These 5 Tips Make Sleeping With a CPAP Machine Easy - CNET

That's a side sleeper. I meant when sleeping on your stomach - pre-CPAP - how did you do it?  It jacks up my neck big time.  I find a massage table with a face rest is the only time I could sleep on my stomach.  

Pillows with higher threads per inch (TPI) are called “uppity” pillows. Financially insecure people throw those words around like rednecks like to drive jacked up pickup trucks that spew noxious fumes on bicycle riders. Both are really unnecessary. Buy the pillows you like. Keep them clean and don’t discuss them in polite company.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Wilbur said:

The higher the thread count, the fewer feathers get pushed out. 

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

I was going to say this. I hate feathers poking out. I want a functional pillow. 

Ok, this sounds plausible.  I won't get the down version, though, so I guess it doesn't matter much in that case.  

When I got the new bed for my house, they had "Sleepy's," pillows, normally $99, for half price.

I said to my sister, "I'm not paying $99 for two pillows," and she replied, "You'll love them for years if you do."

The guy at Mattress Firm had me get on a bed in a side-sleep and on my back-sleep positions to determine what degree for firmness and shape Sleepy's pillow worked best.

So I got the pillows and was ready to order cheap pillowcases when she intervened and said, "You gotta get decent pillowcases for Sleepy's pillows."

So I don't know and don't care what the thread count is in the sets of pillowcases she made me buy, but I love sleeping on those pillows!

• Awesome 1