No computer til Monday

petitepedal

To find out what version of Windows you have, right-click on the Start button and select Run.  Enter cmd into the run box and press Enter.  When the Command Prompt window appears, type winver and press Enter.  A window will appear with the Windows version and release information.  Type exit and press enter to close the Command Prompt window.

1 hour ago, jdc2000 said:

To find out what version of Windows you have, right-click on the Start button and select Run.  Enter cmd into the run box and press Enter.  When the Command Prompt window appears, type winver and press Enter.  A window will appear with the Windows version and release information.  Type exit and press enter to close the Command Prompt window.

And if that doesn’t work try config.sys

Hmmm, I might be old. :D

14 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

That was one of the great things about a huge organization.  You could get your PC rebuilt in about an hour, or if needed, replaced in about 5 minutes.

Ours took less than a day.   

Then again the down side...  Our IT was 'locked' in to programs and the OS systems for what seemed like forever.   I remember knowing I was going to finally get a new laptop,   If I recall I was on Windows XP at home and I wanted it at work too, to get away from Windows 95.   Nope.. the new laptop had a Windows XP sticker on it, but when they 'cloned' their standard operating system including programs to the new hard drive,, I got Windows 95 for another year.   The IT guy told me they had too many legacy programs that had to be updated to work on Windows XP so they paid Microsoft for Windows 95 support.  :unsure: