Help Square Wheels and Speed Demon Find a New Home

Thaddeus Kosciuszko

They're going house hunting next weekend.  Help them save time in their search by offering your suggestions!  If you'd be so kind, if you post a link include a picture from the listing to help them quickly sort through our recommendations.  And if you don't want to suggest a house, then feel free to offer what type of amenities and luxuries you think their new house should have!

My suggestion is a home with considerable property.  It comes with two barbecue grills and a tractor, and it has - shall we say - huge amounts of opportunities to increase the equity in the property:

Capture.thumb.JPG.27488752cb480f6031c8924597b40777.JPG

246 McO Rd, Jackson, TN

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

11 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Great place. Cheap, large, and a price cut so you can bargain and/or choose what concessions you seek!  Offer a bit less and use the money to put in a pool and a nice workshop off the back!

And a housekeeper and yard person.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Where is the hot tub and basement/attic?

Hot tub will be attached to the pool when he get's it built.

I wonder if Tenn has many basements (or attics). Down South, with so much newer construction, true basements are rare.  And attics are more crawl space - if that - since you're just more likely to get a vaulted ceiling or the like.

• Heart 1

Just now, Razors Edge said:

Hot tub will be attached to the pool when he get's it built.

I wonder if Tenn has many basements (or attics). Down South, with so much newer construction, true basements are rare.  And attics are more crawl space - if that - since you're just more likely to get a vaulted ceiling or the like.

I do like real attics, like you see in horror movies (I don't watch many horror movies, but they all have attics for some reason).  Old houses have them, which is nice.

Carholes are nice, too.

16 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

A lot of people in the Baltimore Area buy homes like that for that price along the semi-rural Mason-Dixon Line, the MD-PA and MD-DE borders.

My 30' x 30' mini-Cape Cod house, with full basement and two-bedroom 2nd floor on a 60' x 100' plot, is worth 3/4 of that house's price.  There are a lot of suburban neighborhoods with "little boxes on the hillside...and they all come out the same" with houses in the $300+K range, so a lot are attracted to big houses for a little more and even lower property taxes (we pay less than 1%) "an hour" outside Baltimore City.  Of course, during rush hour it's more like 90-120 minutes to get to work or to get back home!

• Heart 1

10 hours ago, Airehead said:

@SpeedDemon, how much land do you want?

She rarely visits the site.  We're flexible.  I'd like 40 acres with no neighbors, she's OK with a tiny lot and lots of neighbors.  We're looking at the .05 to1 acre type houses.

15 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Don’t forget the greenhouse.

We may build one after we get there, but with it be a hotter climate, probably won't need it.

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

She rarely visits the site.  We're flexible.  I'd like 40 acres with no neighbors, she's OK with a tiny lot and lots of neighbors.  We're looking at the .05 to1 acre type houses.

We may build one after we get there, but with it be a hotter climate, probably won't need it.

Ok, 20 acres and a few neighbors. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1