Help Square Wheels and Speed Demon Find a New Home

Thaddeus Kosciuszko

6 minutes ago, smudge said:

Because we all know people who have cats do NOT get alone time in the bathroom....

Screenshot_20220813-082134_copy_1024x702_copy_800x548.png.c4bc7637f2ff90a3d02a084a631a4c00.png

If I close the bathroom door Banner scratches at the door the whole time I’m in the bathroom. If I leave it open he lies down just outside the bathroom and is content. Sometimes I see his nose push back the shower curtain to check on me.

• Hugs 1

5 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Many houses in that area are one level.

One thing is for certain, nobody gets younger over time. When my wife and I bought this house we never even gave the stairs a thought. Then my mom and dad came over to see the house and mom stayed in the car while dad checked out the house. Eventually I had to put a stairlift in for my wife. We have acres, there was no need to build the house like this other than style.

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

Ok, devil’s advocate here…what is wrong with renting until you are sure you’ll want to stay in the area?

Maybe need to reinvest monies from sale of home for tax purposes. I know it is different for primary and secondary homes. It will a consideration for us if we ever sell the south place, which is not our primary residence.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, sheep_herder said:

Maybe need to reinvest monies from sale of home for tax purposes. I know it is different for primary and secondary homes. It will a consideration for us if we ever sell the south place, which is not our primary residence.

I believe they have a year to turn around and buy a new home after their sale or face taxes.  So they could rent for 6 months but that'd mean having to store most their stuff in storage and moving twice in a year.  

• Heart 1

On 8/12/2022 at 8:31 AM, Randomguy said:

I do like real attics, like you see in horror movies (I don't watch many horror movies, but they all have attics for some reason).  Old houses have them, which is nice.

Carholes are nice, too.

image.thumb.jpeg.a2ef8d56d08ebb0305e111bf6d4c0c31.jpeg

here is a nice attic for you. 402 Walnut Street Jackson Tennessee 

• Heart 2

On 8/13/2022 at 7:34 AM, sheep_herder said:

I can tell most of you are young and agile with all of the stairs being considered.

When we built our home, I looked at LOTS of house plans.  Everything we need is on the 1st floor, but we still have a second floor.  

The other thing that I considered...  When the house was still being framed, we were still working out the details of the master bathroom, the final design was laid out on the floor.  I asked the builder "Will a wheel chair fit thru the entire bathroom?   WoBG and the builder looked at me and they thought I was joking, and they started laughing.   I told them...  No, I'm serious.  (I double checked... later, a wheelchair would fit)

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

On 8/13/2022 at 8:36 AM, Longjohn said:

If I close the bathroom door Banner scratches at the door the whole time I’m in the bathroom. If I leave it open he lies down just outside the bathroom and is content. Sometimes I see his nose push back the shower curtain to check on me.

My pup stands guard at the bathroom door if I close it.  If I take a shower, I usually leave the door open, and she will lay down on the bath mat.  Not sure why it is mainly the bathroom where she gets on alert, but she's pretty consistent.  Even if it is a quick pee - she'll hear me lift the toilet seat, and come running from upstairs if she isn't already underfoot.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

My pup stands guard at the bathroom door if I close it.  If I take a shower, I usually leave the door open, and she will lay down on the bath mat.  Not sure why it is mainly the bathroom where she gets on alert, but she's pretty consistent.  Even if it is a quick pee - she'll hear me lift the toilet seat, and come running from upstairs if she isn't already underfoot.

My gf's dog follows me into the bathroom and just hangs out when I am in there.  It is weird, but dogs are weird, so it fits.

• Heart 1

19 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

My gf's dog follows me into the bathroom and just hangs out when I am in there.  It is weird, but dogs are weird, so it fits.

Sometimes, she'll follow me in, take a gander at the bowl, wander back out to the carpeted area, lie down, and guard the door - usually facing AWAY.