August Weekend plans

petitepedal

Dry and sunny here, 79 degrees all weekend. Working from home today. 

Tomorrow cookout at BuffCarla’s brother’s  house. 

Sunday taking my Mom to church we used to go to for a brass concert. I left in 1996, but expect to see a few of the old timers still there. It’s right near her assisted living and we drive by it every time we go to the new church. 

• Heart 2

Back to driving after a month's restriction! The great escape is on. :hapydance:

Still have some restriction like lifting above head, 10 lb weight limit, and heavy exercise. Did my mile walk today and will probably extend the distance over the weekend. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

I've got a pot of San Marzanos cooked a bit, I'll pick a few more pounds to add to that for sauce.  I might cook down some of the other tomatoes for soup, there's just too many right now.  Wife has been loading people up with veggies when they come to the food pantry.  I've got about 50 cukes to pickle, not sure how many more I'll pick before starting.  These will be garlic Dill, an easy 2 day recipe. Start work on the deck to prepare to install the pergola.  Shopping for hiking shoes so we don't have to pack boots for the Italy trip.  Mass Sunday morning, finish pickling, get some fall planting in, then jamming with a new band member.  Hoping to wash the GTI at some point in there.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

Mostly weed whacking.  My brother's family is going to on a week's vacation to Kitty Hawk, NC on Saturday and I'm going to take care of the dog, Jake, and my nephew's bearded dragon, Rango.  I haven't walked Jake for a while, so I think I'll do a 2-3 mile walk every other day or more often if my legs hold up, otherwise I'll spend an hour of so at the house watching TV or using my computer while Jake roams his large backyard.

• Heart 2

3 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Today is Nancy’s birthday. I wished her a happy birthday and we have been texting back and forth ever since. I think I could win her over but I don’t think I have the energy to do that.

Sunday morning I have to get up early and take Banner home and then head up for my bike riding dinner date.

Ok, still getting texts from Nancy, I don’t know where this is going.

She needs to make up her mind and stop yanking your chain. You are way to special to be treated shabbily. Tell her to text me. I can make it clear. 

• Heart 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

4 hours ago, MickinMD said:

Mostly weed whacking.  My brother's family is going to on a week's vacation to Kitty Hawk, NC on Saturday and I'm going to take care of the dog, Jake, and my nephew's bearded dragon, Rango.  I haven't walked Jake for a while, so I think I'll do a 2-3 mile walk every other day or more often if my legs hold up, otherwise I'll spend an hour of so at the house watching TV or using my computer while Jake roams his large backyard.

Why not introduce Jake to one of the dog friendly beaches of the Chesapeake Bay? The weather will be nice. Sure your Honda Fit will get sandy and stuff, but Jake needs to learn about the Bay! You may get a break eating at a place you don’t normally try. Think about an adventure!

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

6 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

Whoa!! I view this a bit differently. They were going so hot and heavy for a while, I found it tiring. Then Nancy left on her stateside trip followed by her trip to Spain. No wonder she wanted to slow the progress for a while. She may have thought she wanted to call it off, but time apart often makes the heart grow fonder. She may have reached a point where thoughts of coziness are making her rethink her decision. Also remember LJ did call her and initiated the texting. How would you like it if some strange woman called you up and started to give you what ever over a man you liked. I say, let nature take its course.

Very wise perspective.  

• Heart 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Awesome 1

I'm making the 40 mile trip to RC Madness twice this weekend.  First will be today for some test and tune runs with some assistance from my gurus to help straighten out some problems (with going straight at these power levels)

Second will be tomorrow for some actual racing and the possibility of refreshing my budget if I can get a win.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Longjohn said:

What all do they sell at the bulk Amish store? We have one right up the road and I keep telling myself I need to stop in and check it our.

I am getting oatmeal, coconut extract, and hopefully a ham loaf.  They sell flour and other dry goods. Also spices in bags that are a great deal. They sell fresh baked goods but I usually do not buy any. Einstein will likely buy a Whoopi’s pie 

• Heart 1

25 minutes ago, Airehead said:

I am getting oatmeal, coconut extract, and hopefully a ham loaf.  They sell flour and other dry goods. Also spices in bags that are a great deal. They sell fresh baked goods but I usually do not buy any. Einstein will likely buy a Whoopi’s pie 

The one up the road must be doing good. They started the store in a house and then they built a nice new store.

This was a rough week at work. We have been 3 people doing the work of 4 almost since I got moved to this team in June. This last week, 1 had been pulled into an emergency project and the other had been working with our director who tested positive for Covid. I was our team for nearly 3 days. I’ve been so tired when I get home, I just veg. I’ve read a few things here and responded to a few, but there are a couple I just haven’t had the energy to respond. On top of that, I’ve been waking at 4:30 and staying awake when my alarm is set for 6. 
Today, I’m going to wash the Miata and we are going to meet a couple tonight at an outdoor car show with food trucks. He has purchased a used MTB actually expressed interest in riding with me. Going to see what we can set up tonight. 
Tomorrow I’m going for a ride in the morning then smoke some ribs. 

Testing went great this morning.  It took 12 passes and 4 gear changes with several clutch adjustments but the last pass was a personal best for the stock class car.  The GPS data system reads a bit slow compared to the timing clocks at the drags so this probably translates into   a 2.6 second pass.  I'll ue this setup tomorrow and test next week for more speed in time for the next race on the 28th.IMG_0374.thumb.JPG.904f9a9cd9b18313967024a87765fbe8.JPG

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Testing went great this morning.  It took 12 passes and 4 gear changes with several clutch adjustments but the last pass was a personal best for the stock class car.  The GPS data system reads a bit slow compared to the timing clocks at the drags so this probably translates into   a 2.6 second pass.  I'll ue this setup tomorrow and test next week for more speed in time for the next race on the 28th.IMG_0374.thumb.JPG.904f9a9cd9b18313967024a87765fbe8.JPG

Greek