I am old, fat, out of shape, and damaged...

Randomguy

32 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

And I just did another set of 20.  Yay!

I used to do two sets of 50 every day in high school, but I would like to build up to 4 sets of 25 every couple of days so I don't get so out of shape so easily.

Yeah, but high school for you was in the last century, whaddya expecting?

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

You may need a week to recover from that. Push ups and sit ups you can still do them when you haven’t been doing them but you will pay the next few days.

A little of that feeling is good!  But yeah, because of that, I tend to show restraint and not get carried away. :D
BTW, I am 10 years ahead of you in the old,  fat, out of shape, and damaged thing  :D :(

Glad you can do 20.  I haven't tried lately.  I've dropped from 297 lbs to 282 lbs in 2022.  I've also lost 2" on my waist.

So I don't know if the greater distance between my belly and the floor or my 15 less pounds hurts or helps my max. number now.

If I get into the 260's by the end of the year as hoped, I may try it.  The tentative goal for 2023 is to get to 239 lbs.  That's where, for a 6'3" male, the BMI drops from "obese" to "overweight."  But I figure I'll first try to get to the 260's without doing something stupid and requiring tendon operations that will make me sedentary like I was 2015-19.