Phyllis

petitepedal

4 hours ago, petitepedal said:

She turns 97 on Sunday..still gets around..although she is slowing..and still has aajority of her marbles :nodhead: We often have to check on her cos she sleeps in and misses putting out her "I'm Okay" sign :whistle:

Well..she got a flower delivery and I took it up to her. She was sitiing in her lift chair looking for her hearing aid..she had one..could not find the other :blink: oh and the one hearing aid was on her walker next to her uppers and lowers :whistle:

She got out of the chair, I operated the lift. Found 3 pairs of small scissors, a daily devotional and food crumbs no hearing aid..looked on both sides of the chair...asked her..do you have it on? No..nothing in her ears...I checked her bedroom..under the bed..a tiny folded origami crane :dontknow:

Looked in her purse..she got up to check the bedroom herself..and mentioned she was putting it in..when the phone rang (while writing this I realize the call she took was probably the flower delivery guy :D)

Anyway..I was behind her in the hallway....and there behind her ear was the hearing aid...the part that goes into her ear...was tangled in her hair.

We had a good laugh and she apologized or wasting my time :loveshower:

The end

Happy 97th Phyllis

It's good she's still mentally there.  My Aunt Sally died a few months shy of her 100th Birthday of COVID in 2000 and she was off-and-on lucid for the last few year.  It was a delight when we visited her and she was thinking clearly.

• Hugs 1