Not a good way to go..

Wilbur

4 hours ago, Road Runner said:

From what I have read, she was traveling at a very high rate of speed in a residential neighborhood before she plowed into a house.  

Sounds like suicide to me.  :(

She hit an apartment garage, then sped off while people were asking her to get out of the car.

She narrowly missed hitting a woman on a sidewalk, making no attempt to swerve or slow down.

She hit a Jaguar, whose driver wasn't hurt, but sped off.

She hit the house at high speed.

Something snapped in her head.

As someone who went through the stress of a major house fire and the rebuild, I feel very sorry for the house she destroyed, it being burned down to be unlivable.

Of course, my end result was a major financial benefit to me - State Farm came through tremendously, though the icing on the cake was when one agent who denied some interior loss claims, because the rebuild put much more into the house than previously existed, was replaced two days before the 2-year claim period was up, the new guy approved the claims and I got much more than expected.

On 8/12/2022 at 4:35 PM, Wilbur said:

Not a good way to go...

But an excellent way to end it.

From Wikipedia:

"On August 11, the representative said that Heche was not expected to survive due to an anoxic brain injury, and that she was being kept on life support to determine if her organs were viable for donation, in accordance with her expressed wish to be an organ donor.  Heche was declared brain dead a few hours later, but remained on life support to assess organ donor viability and locate recipients.  Having been declared "brain dead", Heche was considered legally dead at that time under California law.  On August 14, it was announced that organ recipients had been found and that her body would undergo the organ donation procedure that afternoon.  That evening, her publicist announced that she had been "peacefully taken off life support."  She died at the age of 53 from her injuries.

For her organ donation, hospital staff held an honor walk for Heche."