Hey good looking

Parsnip Totin Jack

I am having an "injured  tomato salad" with cottage cheese, scallions, vidalia onion, and jalapenos.  I just picked tomatoes and had to eat the ones with injuries that render them unkeepable.  One big one was not as ripe as desired, but the others helped it out.  

Once again the orange cherry tomatoes have somehow proliferated and are yielding way more than I planted, I swear.  Weird, but owl take it!  They are tasty, portable, require no prep, make great instant snacks, and keep pretty well.  I have a problem with when the big regular red tomatoes are near or on the ground the bugs get them so I preemptively picked a lot of the low hangers green, or actually sort of whitish green, thankfully not the dark green that means they would probably not ripen.

• Heart 3

Swordfish steak, button mushrooms, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, garden eggplant all placed on top of foil with some fancy olive oil stuff poured on the foil, and some lemon pepper spice mix from a little plastic bottle sprinkled on top, with the foil then sealed up and placed on the grill for about 35 minutes or so.

I've attempted this method of cooking about half a dozen times and only gave myself food poisoning once, so I'm thinking the odds are in my favor.

• Heart 3
  • Yum 1

3 hours ago, Old No. 7 said:

What you got cooking? I have three boneless chicken boobs leftover from a family pack I bought yesterday. We had fajitas for supper. I just cut them in half horizontally, seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Added a cup of buttermilk and stashed them in the fridge. Later I’ll coat them in flour, egg, and bread crumbs and fry them up. Tomato sauce, mozzarella, and parmigiana. Chicken Parmigiana with spaghetti and side salad. What you making?

We grilled chicken breasts for sandwiches for lunch.

• Heart 3

We just got a call from a couple we are getting to know. The husband is the guy that wants to ride with me. They are both from Italy. We are going to a car show tonight with them. They asked if we would be interested in having pizza at a place in Gila Bend first. Evidently the owner is from the wife’s hometown in Sicily. You don’t say no to Sicilians, right? 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

Tonight will probably be yogurt with fruit, tea.

For lunch, I had a large plate of Thai pad thai when I met my friend at shopping mall. I normally seldom eat much of lunch or any lunch at all. I've been like this for last 20 yrs. 

For me, it usually boils down to 2 meals per day with some sort snack...usually in mid morning.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Further said:

burgers on the barbie

With big slices of tomato?

I like mine with lettuce and tomato
Heinz 57 and french fried potatoes
Big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer
Well, good god Almighty which way do I steer?

[Chorus 3]
For my cheeseburger in paradise
Makin' the best of every virtue and vice
Worth every damn bit of sacrifice
To get a cheeseburger in paradise;
To be a cheeseburger in paradise
I'm just a cheeseburger in paradise

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

With big slices of tomato?

I like mine with lettuce and tomato
Heinz 57 and french fried potatoes
Big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer
Well, good god Almighty which way do I steer?

[Chorus 3]
For my cheeseburger in paradise
Makin' the best of every virtue and vice
Worth every damn bit of sacrifice
To get a cheeseburger in paradise;
To be a cheeseburger in paradise
I'm just a cheeseburger in paradise

The tomato slice was way bigger than the burger or bun, I should have got a pic

• Heart 1