Remember the story about my grandson stuck in Dubai?

Rattlecan

24 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

Somehow, the younger son got separated from the rest of them. Dad and the other son went on to the airport and caught the flight. They are somewhere over the Atlantic at this moment.

Mom( my step daughter) somehow managed to find him but not in time to make the flight.

Maybe I’m old fashioned, but I don’t get on a flight without my entire traveling family with me. I’d say especially an International flight, but I’d do the exact same for a domestic flight as well. 

• Heart 2

4 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Maybe I’m old fashioned, but I don’t get on a flight without my entire traveling family with me. I’d say especially an International flight, but I’d do the exact same for a domestic flight as well. 

Well these guys travel the world so much domestic or international makes little difference.

• Heart 1

Just picked the guys up at the airport and took them home.

Only got hall the story because they didn’t find out till they landed that the other two found each other. Will have to wait until tomorrow to find out that part.

They had booked a ride service through the hotel three days in advance but they never showed.

Short cutting through a lot of details, they made the questionable decision to take the subway and had difficulty fighting through the crowds and getting on with their baggage in tow. It was only when they got to the airport that they found they were one short.

They spoke to the airline people and were told there was still time but only just and they had to make a snap decision who was going to go and who was going to stay.

To be continued.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

6 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

My sister is the exact opposite. She will not travel with her entire family in one vehicle (jet, car, whatever). Won’t risk having her entire family wiped out in a single accident. 

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

11 hours ago, Rattlecan said:

Well the family just spent a week in London and this time the drama surrounds the other grandson.

They were on their way to the airport for the flight home around noon today our time.

Still not clear on the details but what I understand so far is that they called for a taxi that never showed up and with time getting tight they opted to take the subway.

Somehow, the younger son got separated from the rest of them. Dad and the other son went on to the airport and caught the flight. They are somewhere over the Atlantic at this moment.

Mom( my step daughter) somehow managed to find him but not in time to make the flight.

They are now holed up in a hotel room with a flight booked for tomorrow.

The other two should be home this evening so maybe we can get more details then.

Sounds like you could write a movie script around that adventure: London Subway Alone.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Rattlecan said:

they made the questionable decision to take the subway and had difficulty fighting through the crowds and getting on with their baggage in tow.

When we took a trip to London (back in 2007) we flew into Heathrow and then we took a train to London (Paddington Station)  and then found 'the tube' and took that for 1 or 2 stops that was near our hotel.  At least it wasn't during rush hour.    After that... we took a taxi back to the airport.  It was way more expensive... but not fighting with our luggage and people.. it was well worth the expense. 

• Heart 1

Just now, Rattlecan said:

Everyone is home safe and sound. I am sure we will be filled in on the details in the coming days but the boy is pretty upset so I don’t know how much we will hear of his story.

I can imagine… pobrecito. 

What a story those boys have to tell.

• Heart 1