Did you work today?

Airehead

I cleaned the windows in our sun room today.    Still taking my time cleaning all the windows in our home. 

One more room to go.   Then 2 small windows that I'll need the extension ladder to reach.  And last but not least 3 basement windows, and clean out the window wells, and the covers.   So 2 more days... no need to rush.

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, Further said:

Yardwork

and tire work, mower got another flat

seriously considering buying a new mower

That is a lot of flats. 

3 hours ago, Allen said:

8 more hours and I’m halfway done with my week. Tuesday morning cannot come fast enough. 

You work long stretches. Do you get a nap?

I've got a job taking care of my brother's dog Jake and his son's bearded dragon Rango until they get back from vacationing in Kitty Hawk, NC, in a week on Saturday.

I asked my nephew Adam, top 1% in math and English in state functional tests and top 2% in social studies, and going into 9th grade in the gifted IT program in high school this year, "What happened at Kitty Hawk?"

"I don't know."

"Ever head of Wilbur and Orville Wright?"

"No."

"They were kite makers who invented something we now call an airplane and first tried it out at Kitty Hawk."

"Oh yeah!  The Wright Brothers!"

At least he remembers something.  The typical school student does awful in 6th through 9th grades.

• Heart 1

Sunday work: worked like a beanz; @Mr. Beanz Bought a sprinkler for the garden and tested it out for an hour. Cut the rest of the backyard. Moved logs from where they were to where I want them (for now). Grabbed the chainsaw and made short logs out of long ones. Added the short logs to the pile. Making progress. I noticed that the oaks are dropping some leaves already. You can't tell by looking at the trees but the leaves that are dropping are yellow.

• Heart 2

I looked at a draft document, 2nd version that boss emailed to me before she started her vacation last Fri.  That was 20 min. 

I was uninspired (and she told me she was running out of inspiration) but now, know it's on a lower list of priorities.  I have no idea how I will inject it into a new direction.

• Heart 1

In my earlier post in this thread, I was going to take 2 more days to finish cleaning my windows.

I finished all of the windows today.  The basement windows and the window well covers for the basement windows took the longest.

Then I cleaned our gutters too.   The gutters are covered, but some leaves still accumulate on the gutters (never in them) from time to time.  My leaf blower with the long gutter extension, blows all of that away.  So that's done too.

Next job...  power wash the entire driveway. 

• Heart 2

You asked on Saturday.  Left the house at 6am to put out "race in progress" signs for Rock the Quarry triathlon.  Most of the signs were out on Friday.  Then at 7:30 took the stop paddles to the traffic directors. Went to a corner where we didn't have anyone to direct traffic and did it myself.  When all the bikes were through WoD_P joined to to drive the truck while I picked up all the bike course signs. Got home at 11 and then went out and raked and baled the hay that I didn't get finished before the dew got too much the night before.  Fed the dogs and other animals then got to bed about 10pm.  Does that count as work?  Had 22000 steps for the day.

• Heart 2

Watched my brother's dog Jake and fed him this AM.

Figured out how to fix the near-broken wire in my laptop's power supply to keep me going until the replacement arrives tomorrow.

Ordered a laptop power supply replacement and $200+ of tee shirts, socks, pants, etc. during Maryland Tax Free week on clothing.

Mowed the lawn, caught the grass clippings with the mower's bag and dumped them in the veggie garden.

Went back to feed Jake this evening.  Remembered my nephew's foot-long Bearded Dragon lizard named Rango gets his water from the food he eats - he doesn't have a water bowl - and that the food that looked like he had plenty was dry.  So I dumped it and put a bunch of fresh lettuce in his bowl.  He went for it right away.

I let Jake go outside around 6:30 pm. There was a rabbit in the yard that he chased under the pool deck. It's 6:55 pm now and hopefully, Jake has done his business in his backyard and I'll call him in soon and go home for the day and eat diced chicken from what's left of the carcass meat of a Costco Rotisserie Chicken on bread covered with gravy made from the carcass and bones. The side dish is 4 kinds of cherry tomatoes: I"m picking about a quart a day now.

• Heart 1

My start time is 8:00 am. This morning they told us we're having an inspection on Thursday  so we're going in at 6:00 am tomorrow to clean all day. 🤣

But cool because they let me go at 3:50 telling me not to clock out, they'll take care of it. 🙃

But up at 4:30 tomorrow. 🤣😂🤣

• Heart 1