Are you partial to a brand of gasoline?

Prophet Zacharia

Or do you go to whichever gas station is closest/cheapest to get your car’s gasoline? I don’t know the difference between the products sold at Sunoco, BP, Shell, et al, although I suppose they’d each have us believe that their’s is best.

I usually get gas at a station owned by my local grocery store and redeem savings earned from shopping. I have no idea who supplies them. 

I try to buy gasoline that has earned the Top Tier rating.

https://www.toptiergas.com/licensed-brands/

• All retail locations within the licensed country must meet the high standards of the TOP TIER™ program.
  • All gasoline grades must be treated with an approved TOP TIER™ Detergent Gasoline additive at the correct concentration.
  • The TOP TIER™ logo must be prominently displayed. 
  • TOP TIER™ licensed retailers agree to not use organometallic additives (such as MMT or Ferrocine).

31 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

I try to buy gasoline that has earned the Top Tier rating.

https://www.toptiergas.com/licensed-brands/

• All retail locations within the licensed country must meet the high standards of the TOP TIER™ program.
  • All gasoline grades must be treated with an approved TOP TIER™ Detergent Gasoline additive at the correct concentration.
  • The TOP TIER™ logo must be prominently displayed. 
  • TOP TIER™ licensed retailers agree to not use organometallic additives (such as MMT or Ferrocine).

Rats, no Wawa, our most ubiquitous one.  I don't know who supplies them.

• Heart 1

In Grand Island, all the tanker trucks in the region loaded at the same fuel depot. It was all the same gas. I admit that sight of competing tankers all at the same depot probably influenced my fuel opinions I may have to look into it more out here. 
Edit - and QT, my most frequent stop, is on the list!

• Heart 2

34 minutes ago, team scooter said:

I only buy Top Tier and I'm drawn to Kwik Trip. (might only be local) They're popping up everywhere around here, have clean restrooms, nice convenience stores and great coffee. A Kwik Trip was even this morning's destination for a coffee and a donut. 

kwik trip.jpg

When I had a uncle that lived in La Cross his neighbor was the guy who started and owned every Kwik Trip in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Iowa. But that was 20 years ago. 

When we are on the road we look for Flying J, Pilot, Love's in that order. 

Most Flying J's have rv lanes with dumps and propane plus 5 cents discount per gallon of gas with loyalty card and rv parking. 

Pilot has 5 cents per gallon discount on gas but some of them are a little tight getting a motorhome and trailer in and out. 

Most Love's have rv parking, rv dump stations and propane. 

2 hours ago, Kzoo said:

In Anyone but Citgo.  I won’t support Venezuela.

It was a friend’s comment about “[lowgrade] Venezuelan gas” at the Country Fair that made me realize I didn’t know where my gasoline came from. 

3 hours ago, BR46 said:

It all comes out of the same pipeline and then trucked to the different gas stations. 

5 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

It was a friend’s comment about “[lowgrade] Venezuelan gas” at the Country Fair that made me realize I didn’t know where my gasoline came from. 

The is where the trucks that bring it to the gas stations get it from in Wisconsin 

Screenshot_20220814-121534_Drive.thumb.jpg.405f00d81104e13ee894e465cec50ca2.jpg

8 minutes ago, BR46 said:

The is where the trucks that bring it to the gas stations get it from in Wisconsin 

Screenshot_20220814-121534_Drive.thumb.jpg.405f00d81104e13ee894e465cec50ca2.jpg

It looks like Citgo cut ties with Venezuela in 2019, making the one-pipe source more understandable (to me). They also state they are Top Tier.

“U.S. refiner Citgo Petroleum Corp is formally cutting ties with its parent, state-run oil firm Petroleos de Venezuela SA, to meet U.S. sanctions imposed on the OPEC country, two people close to the decision told Reuters”.

• Heart 1

All of the fuel in may area comes from the same pipeline outlet, however, it is not all the same fuel, as there are different additive packages.  I get my fuel locally directly from one of 2 primary distributors, at their fueling station, because it has no alcohol added.

5 hours ago, groupw said:

In Grand Island, all the tanker trucks in the region loaded at the same fuel depot. It was all the same gas. I admit that sight of competing tankers all at the same depot probably influenced my fuel opinions I may have to look into it more out here. 
Edit - and QT, my most frequent stop, is on the list!

Yep.  Fill it up and then add a cup or some additive package for each brand.  Granddaddy said they did not add much.  I seem to recall it was only a gallon or so per tanker truck