How long does it take you to snack?

Ralphie

10 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I keep my roasted peanuts and my high fiber brownies on hand at all times.  Coffee/tea is always available.

It is interesting the difference between planters and store brand. Right now I have planter’s lightly salted and they are good, but sometimes I have a hankering for the store brand where they put shit like maltodextrin on them in a coating of chemical cocktail. Like SW was complaining aboot a while ago. I should be grateful for the naturalness of these lightly salted planters.  I think the regularly salted planters might also have all that crap on them. Can’t remember. 

Just now, Philander Seabury said:

It is interesting the difference between planters and store brand. Right now I have planter’s lightly salted and they are good, but sometimes I have a hankering for the store brand where they put shit like maltodextrin on them in a coating of chemical cocktail. Like SW was complaining aboot a while ago. I should be grateful for the naturalness of these lightly salted planters. 

Yup, peanuts.  Salt if you like it.  Nothing else.

The wife is going to Greece next week.  One of her daughters lives there with husband and kids.  They have crap peanut butter there.  Sadly she is bringing her Skippy.  That's what they like.  You'd think they would know better as she and her husband are both docs.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Dry roasted unsalted peanuts is about my only snack. I have enough trouble just making meals let alone preparing snacks too.

Nuts are an excellent filling snack. The trick is finding a similar low cal snack. Veggies are good but time consuming to prep. That should be less of a hurdle though, it is snot THAT bad.  Their real downside is they don’t stick with you long. Filling when you eat them but it fades fast. 

It depends how much self-control I have.

Lately, I've been snacking on a couple dozen cherry and grape tomatoes fresh from the garden - no salt or pepper and only 60 Cal. per cup, and several Snyder's Seasoned Pretzel Twists go great with them - maybe that's the salt and pepper for the tomatoes.