Covid dodgers

Parsnip Totin Jack

I was thinking recently that we’re approaching the three-year mark of the pandemic and wonder how many forum members have dodged testing pawsitive so far. Wo7 and I have been successful in testing negative but we are anti-social  so our exposure risk has been low and we have been vaxxed and boosted (1X). Getting ready for flu shots and 2nd booster this fall. 

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

I was thinking recently that we’re approaching the three-year mark of the pandemic and wonder how many forum members have dodged testing pawsitive so far. Wo7 and I have been successful in testing negative but we are anti-social  so our exposure risk has been low and we have been vaxxed and boosted (1X). Getting ready for flu shots and 2nd booster this fall. 

I'm going for last or never.  Yes, I'm anti social, double vax'd and double boosted with plans for another in the late fall.  I still wear masks at the LGS and I don't eat in or go to movies.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Just now, Razors Edge said:

And article the other day about that.  Most likely had it and were asymptomatic?  Kudos, though, as it can be pretty awful, but most of us were lucky with this current lighter strain.

That is plausible but Wo7 definitely would’ve had symptoms. She is immune compromised from a sepsis infection about 20 years ago. She was in the hospital for six weeks and on IV antibiotics at home for eight more. 

I tested positive last January during a routine work swab but was asymptomatic.  Wife tested negative.  Tested two days later and was negative so not sure if I had it or had it with no symptoms.

Sorts feels like I am talking about a no hitter in the 8th inning though.

• Heart 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Zephyr said:

I tested positive last January during a routine work swab but was asymptomatic.  Wife tested negative.  Tested two days later and was negative so not sure if I had it or had it with no symptoms.

Sorts feels like I am talking about a no hitter in the 8th inning though.

I think we are in extra innings. :(

I have managed to avoid testing positive even though just aboot everyone I was with at Christmas in pretty close quarters tested positive, even my wife!  

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Old No. 7 said:

The new Moderna Vaccine that targets the original COVID and Omicron has been approved for adults in the UK and one annual shot - like the flu shot I get each Fall - may be all that's needed.  Supposedly Pfizer is close to the same thing and both should soon be approved in the USA and Canada. I had Omicron in June but I like the idea of boosting my antibodies to higher levels with a vaccination.  I've been getting the Pfizer shots (3 so far), but I think the next one, in Sept. or Oct., will be Moderna one unless Pfizer can match these claims:

Bloomberg News says, Moderna's chief medical officer, Dr Paul Burton, previously said that the new jab can boost a person's antibodies to such high levels that it may only be needed annually.

Stephane Bancel, chief executive officer at Moderna, described it as a "next generation Covid-19 vaccine" which will play an "important role in protecting people in the UK from Covid-19" over the winter.

Mr Bancel said: "We are delighted with the MHRA's authorisation of Spikevax Bivalent Original/Omicron, our next generation Covid-19 vaccine.

"This represents the first authorisation of an Omicron-containing bivalent vaccine, further highlighting the dedication and leadership of the UK public health authorities in helping to end the Covid-19 pandemic.

I caught it the beginning of June even though I haven't been socializing much and still wear a mask in grocery stores, etc.  I didn't wear a mask while singing during the Catholic Mass at my nephew's 8th grade graduation.  God said, "You might have been an altar boy, but I haven't seen you in church for a while. Your reward is this!"

Fortunately, I had 2 shots and a booster and the infection was mild - done in 6 days.  But, as others here noted in their cases, I became really fatigued after doing things that didn't tire me much before, like mowing the lawn or walking the dog 2-3 miles.  That's the main reason I decided to build a shed in the heat of July: I needed something to snap me out of that fatigue - and it worked!

In late September of early October, I'm getting the Omicron-included 2nd booster.

• Heart 1

We have never been tested.   We were sick for about  1 1/2 weeks starting on 1/2/22.  WoBG thinks it was just a cold.  I suspect it may (or may not) have been COVID. 

We go out to eat at least once or twice a week.  We go to movies.  And we gave up on the masks a long time ago. 

3 minutes ago, Dottles said:

True dat. But this variant was also more contagious 

"Lucky" to get this one and not the Delta one or the original one.  These more recent ones are still killers, but not nearly the equal & timing of the earlier versions. 

I work and still go out and I have not tested positive yet. I have also not gotten the stab’n jab. 
we have people (the young ones) that have been using Covid as an excuse to get time off work. The company never asked for test results so it’s a “I’ll call in and get a few days off” type of thing. Now that they are requesting results, it’s amazing how no one in the store is calling out anymore. 

• Heart 1