Todays Final Jeopardy

Ralphie

4 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Yo Ralph, do you think you could give us the “answer” and have us try to come up with the correct question? The blank post with a spoiler contained isn’t helping me.

1) My intended audience was people who just watched it so knew. Maybe a bad premise but…

2) I posted on my phone and was WAY too unmotivated to peck oot the whole question and…

3) Sorry! Oh and maybe also… 

4) Never mind!  (Emily Latella has awesome staying power. :) )

2 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Topic:  Fictional Characters, for Wednesday, August 17, 2022 (Season 38, Game 71):

Introduced in 1938 & inspired by movie character Torchy Blane of the Morning Herald, she has since gone on to win a fictional Pulitzer

Reveal hidden contents

Who is Lois Lane?

Spoiler

1938 but especially Torchy made me think it was Brenda Starr .

I think it is interesting that Amy Schneider, who eventually won 1.4 million on Jeopardy, could easily have lost in her first game.  The current champion had a good lead going into Final but missed the Final response and Amy did not.  But had He (his name was He) answered correctly, Amy would have been sent packing.  So, instead of becoming the 4th biggest regular game winner of all time, Amy could have easily lost after only one appearance and relegated to total Jeopardy obscurity.

5 hours ago, Road Runner said:

Topic:  Fictional Characters, for Wednesday, August 17, 2022 (Season 38, Game 71):

Introduced in 1938 & inspired by movie character Torchy Blane of the Morning Herald, she has since gone on to win a fictional Pulitzer

Reveal hidden contents

Who is Lois Lane?

I’d have guessed LL, based on the year and the fact I know of no other fictional female journalists from that time.

1 hour ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I’d have guessed LL, based on the year and the fact I know of no other fictional female journalists from that time.

Seemed the easiest and obvious answer. Not sure why they wouldn't go "more difficult" instead of easier in Final Jeopardy.  Use the easier ones in the regular part of the show.