Tour 400 antique cars in hot sun for dementia Dad

shootingstar

30c works out to 86°f 

People work out side all day long in that temperature. Growing up working on the neighbors and my grandfather farm baling hay with temperatures in the upper 80s and 90s was just another day 

Sadly it seems car shows are always in blazing heat.

I like taking pics of cars so I'm always expecting it to be hot. 

Sadly though,  I'm sure it's a space thing where shows are held, it's hard to get a pic of one specific car. They always seem to be crammed in together so that it's impossible to get the full view and beauty of one car.

• Heart 1

19 minutes ago, BR46 said:

30c works out to 86°f 

People work out side all day long in that temperature. Growing up working on the neighbors and my grandfather farm baling hay with temperatures in the upper 80s and 90s was just another day 

I think some older folks are in better shape for different conditions. And "father" could be 65, 75, or 95.  My uncles were at my nephew's birthday pool party.  At 82, my oldest uncle was in the pool, and told us that it was first time he realized he wasn't going to swim anymore.  My uncles hung out in the shallow end, and enjoyed the water, but the oldest just didn't have it anymore and has decided swimming (vs wading) is in his past now. :(  His brother - one year younger - was swimming to shore from the sailboat this spring in open water.  Same parents, but different capabilities later in life.  But both outlived my dad - the youngest of the three.  Aging is weird and definitely not "equal".

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, Mr. Beanz said:

Thanks to  @Square Wheels setting up a few members for criticism and insult,  I can see your post is much shorter. 

I voluntarily thought to aim for shorter sentences. Doesn't mean length of starting post is shorter. :frantics:

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

But it is a dry heat.  :)

It makes a person pant far sooner.  Her father might be close to 70. 

As a comparison if I forget my water bottle 45 min. into a ride, I get abit concerned here in our heat vs. in VAncouver. Toronto is more the oppressive humidity of all 3 cities.

2 hours ago, Mr. Beanz said:

Thanks to  @Square Wheels setting up a few members for criticism and insult,  I can see your post is much shorter. 

I want to set the record straight.  My verbose post was meant in fun.  Those that know me, know I do not incite riots here.  I am well aware of what the word means.

Beanz is not a member of this site any longer.

• Heart 2

7 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I want to set the record straight.  My verbose post was meant in fun.  Those that know me, know I do not incite riots here.  I am well aware of what the word means.

Beanz is not a member of this site any longer.

That's a bit harsh SQ by booting him off. :wacko:  No one's perfect.

3 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

That's a bit harsh SQ by booting him off. :wacko:  No one's perfect.

It's not harsh if you know what Beanz said. It was complete BS. If he had said it about a co-worker, he would have been fired. I was surprised to see him here this morning. SQ exercised restraint.

I asked Beanz to delete his post or apologize. Zephyr called him out too. Beanz said some things that were really shitty and was given the chance to retract it. He doubled down. 

• Heart 2

On 8/17/2022 at 8:07 PM, shootingstar said:

A work colleague's activity with her father after work.  Her father insists on seeing all cars.

This is out in prairies, in blazing sun @30 degrees C and out in open field. No trees.

That snot hot, some people work outside in that heat every day wearing steel toes. 🤪