What is wrong with this headline?

Kzoo

Just now, ChrisL said:

Electric cars “scream”???  Maybe they found a way to add exhaust noise?

One of the things giving me pause aboot getting an electric leaf blower is I heard the whining noise is much more annoying withoot the gasoline engine to cover it up. Maybe it is the air more than the electric motor though. 

3 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

It should be relatively easy to come up with an external sound system capable of replicating "normal" engine sounds.

Nothing like this...

Ford admits to pumping fake engine noises through Mustang speakers to make cars sound better

https://www.pocket-lint.com/cars/news/ford/131151-ford-admits-to-pumping-fake-engine-noises-through-mustang-speakers-to-make-cars-sound-better

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

It should be relatively easy to come up with an external sound system capable of replicating "normal" engine sounds.

I’m watching the morning news and they just did a bit on this car.  Yeah they created noise, 126 decibels of noise.

Interesting bits:

• Today, Dodge unveiled what it's calling "the future of electrified muscle." The Charger Daytona SRT is an electric performance coupe meant to carry the torch passed by the outgoing Charger and Challenger. 
  • The Daytona SRT will have an 800-volt electrical architecture called Banshee. Powertrain specs aren't available, but Dodge claims it will be faster than a Hellcat. 
  • Other features meant to enhance the muscle-car experience include a multi-speed transmission, a temporary horsepower boost button, and an "exhaust" system meant to make the Daytona SRT just as loud as a Hellcat.

...and all wheel drive.

Just now, Prophet Zacharia said:

A perfect snow car!

:D

I was going to suggest the Lightning, but those are in short supply too (production definitely isn't ramped up at Ford). 

But, put good snow tires on it, you should do great :D  Well, I'm not sure if the jury is in yet on electric cars in the cold, in the salt, and built by Dodge.

1 minute ago, 12string said:

As far back as the Tesla roadster, you could buy exhaust sound systems for them.

Heard one that had dozens of options - V8, V10, Ferrari, Tie fighter...................

A guy I know has an F150 hybrid.  Backing it up, it had that crazy beep beep beep.  He said, since it's silent, Ford has that beeping when in battery mode (perhaps only backing up).  I'd rather have a fake V8 sound if I had to have a sound at all.

2 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Fleet gasoline milage made them do it.  Sugarcoat it all they want that's the truth.

Probably both that plus the push to be all electric by 2035. Earlier in other countries, but I doubt Dodges sell too well elsewhere in the world.

Nothing wrong with the headline if one is able to interpret it with an open mind.

Scream like a banshee to me would be creating a high pitch whine.

Yes, I've heard electric cars make high pitch Screaming sounds. Heck, I've heard small remote control cars with electric motors make high pitch noises like a  Screaming banshee. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Beanz said:

Scream like a banshee to me would be creating a high pitch whine.

Yes, I've heard electric cars make high pitch Screaming sounds. Heck, I've heard small remote control cars with electric motors make high pitch noises like a  Screaming banshee. 

Yeah - I also thought maybe they meant the electric whine under full throttle, but it looks like they meant the "fake" sound (maybe meant both?).

14 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Fleet gasoline milage made them do it.  Sugarcoat it all they want that's the truth.

There's also the part about that infamous race where they beat the Tesla - then got caught cheating to do it.

If you want the fastest (sellable) 0-60, you have to go electric.  No other way