Gas prices dropping

BR46

The other day we were going yakking.  

Yay, a free, fun weekend for a change.  We own the boats and the river was free to get into.  I will just scoot on by the store and fill up....

130 in diesel, 21 in DEF, 40 for beer and chick beer, and 4 bucks for ice.  200 bucks into a "free" weekend. 

• Heart 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

The other day we were going yakking.  

Yay, a free, fun weekend for a change.  We own the boats and the river was free to get into.  I will just scoot on by the store and fill up....

130 in diesel, 21 in DEF, 40 for beer and chick beer, and 4 bucks for ice.  200 bucks into a "free" weekend. 

what's the difference between coors light and chick beer? :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

We do not get severe blizzards like that down here.

Texas at a stand still 

Screenshot_20220818-133626_Google.jpg.8889109de3980aa2a79e95fd2030a63a.jpg

In Wisconsin....we only got 12 inches so I have time to stop for a beer before I go home and shovel. 

1798168_425332364268017_1969449482_n.jpg.4c181b0da11453dda961bf322b30d63b.jpg

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Even better, Japan, Mexico (Texas-lite)) or Russia!

image.thumb.png.15ce43b3197f6c71fc90b0e6681f35db.png

There's a "comparing apples to oranges" thing here, because the gas taxes in most countries pay most of the money required to maintain the roads.  In America it's income taxes, property taxes, tolls, etc. so we have lower gas taxes.

If we had that system in America, it would lead to more people driving higher mileage cars and paying less in income taxes and tolls.

Just now, MickinMD said:

There's a "comparing apples to oranges" thing here, because the gas taxes in most countries pay most of the money required to maintain the roads.  In America it's income taxes, property taxes, tolls, etc. so we have lower gas taxes.

If we had that system in America, it would lead to more people driving higher mileage cars and paying less in income taxes and tolls.

Europeans certainly have toll roads, income taxes, and VAT taxes, and probably property taxes.  

3 hours ago, jsharr said:

We do not get severe blizzards like that down here.

And in Florida, a snow flurry is called demolition derby time. Oh look, a snowflake is falling :hapydance:...CRASH! Tow truck operators love the business...but you will need to buy a new truck.

• Heart 1